Canon 14x32 IS Binoculars

Has any one used Canon 14x32 IS Binoculars or any similar type?

From what I understand, they will work with or without batteries (which are 2x AA) except, the image stabiliser obviously is operational unless powered. However, they are not for night vision, which doesn't worry me, I have a pair of Bushnells for night or low light vision, and they work reasonably well.

I'm curious as to whether they're worth the money or not.

https://www.canon.co.uk/binoculars/14x32_is/

• Hi

a magnification that high would not be great for birding IMHO- too small a field of view- and for the price you could get some alternatives-

www.independent.co.uk/.../best-binoculars-a8229746.html

or a good pair of used Swaro/ Leica /Zeiss last generation Alphas :)

S
  • seymouraves said:
    Hi

a magnification that high would not be great for birding IMHO- too small a field of view- and for the price you could get some alternatives-

www.independent.co.uk/.../best-binoculars-a8229746.html

or a good pair of used Swaro/ Leica /Zeiss last generation Alphas :)

S

Many thanks Seymores for replying. For my sins, I'm not too up on binocular specs, though I did suspect somewhat similar to what you say, which is what I've found with the Bushnell night vision bins. However, they had to be tried out of curiosity and I'm pleased I did.

As for the Canon, I'm a lot more reserved but very curious, for I have no immediate need to change (though I really should upgrade) my Nikon Travelites.

For the sort of money Canon are asking, I quite agree about searching among the accepted brands like Swaro and Zeiss, very possibly something I will consider if retirement looms very soon.