The boy sure has grown up.

A few years ago there was a young lad on here called Gus who inadvertently let it slip he was only 17, so with the rule you had to be 18 he was asked to leave the community.

Needless to say he has certainly grown up and his knowledge would have been a great asset on here.

reforestingscotland.org/.../

My Flickr photos

• Found this info ... www.eveningexpress.co.uk/.../

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Alan. said:

A few years ago there was a young lad on here called Gus who inadvertently let it slip he was only 17, so with the rule you had to be 18 he was asked to leave the community.

Needless to say he has certainly grown up and his knowledge would have been a great asset on here.

reforestingscotland.org/.../

Absolutely ridiculous.  I remember Gus - he was just the kind of poster the place needs.  To rule out people from a wildlife forum on the basis of age is unfair.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• How wonderful to Read, I would like to think he will soon return,to these forums.
    Sadly like many things in life......
    'Rules is Rules' doh!!

As said previous, what a wonderful asset he would be.
    Well done Gus......

• Thanks, Alan and Wendy, I remember that; it was a real shame about that rule but is it certain it is the same Gus? Unfortunately I cannot read the article you gave a link for Wendy, and it drives me nuts that those toggles in privacy settings never have any label so I don't know if clicking on them means denied or accepted and I end up not clicking on anything and leaving the page in disgust! Any techies here who can enlighten me about those toggles, please?

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Yes Ann it's the same Gus, I follow him on Twitter.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks, Alan, I hope you'll tell him we'd love to have changed the rules to accept him here only we have no power to do that, sadly, and that we'd love to have him back posting here--start him off with Hazel's 'Add your odds and sods' thread. The forum needs to welcome as many younger people as possible since they are the future of conservation.

Kind regards, 

Ann