Bad pics of fab wildlife :)

Just because there's way too much great photography on this site...!

You know the feeling. You only got one or a few photos of it and they're not very good, but you can't bear to throw the photos away because they're all you have of that particular species. So you keep them, just until you get better ones :) We've managed to 'upgrade' some of the species below since these bad pics were taken, but not all...

Please join in! I can't be the only one who hordes terrible wildlife photos :)

Collared Flycatcher

Otter

Peregrine

and best (worst) of all, Nightjar!

• Pygmy Owl through the scope in Poland. Only one I've got so can't bear to delete it.

Black-winged Kite again through the scope.

Wall Creeper. Close enough to get a good shot but due to incompetence of photographer (me) didn't get a good one. How frustrating is that.

I could go on but won't. It'll just make me depressed.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Susan H said:

well you cannot get much worse than this but it's my one and only Brambling visitor so I cannot bear to delete it

Oh but you can get much worse, Judi!!!!!

This is my only picture of the only red crested pochard duck I have seen.

[/quote]

This has gotta be my favourite Sparrow I have almost fell off my chair laughing  ROTFL ROTFL 

ROTFLIt just doesn't look real .......Wonderful.xx 

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Linda he's lovely looks like the sort of thing you put in the bath tub

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• What a great thread ... I could flood it with slightly out of focus Great Crested Grebe shots ...

;o)

Ant

"IT IS SAID THAT LIFE FLASHES BEFORE YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU DIE. THAT IS TRUE, IT'S CALLED LIVING."
    Death - Terry Pratchett (The Last Continent).

•  

I give you .. the Little Owl at Newport Wetlands ... well .. if you squint a bit! ;o)

Ant

"IT IS SAID THAT LIFE FLASHES BEFORE YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU DIE. THAT IS TRUE, IT'S CALLED LIVING."
    Death - Terry Pratchett (The Last Continent).

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 01/09/2010 23:52 in reply to JudiM

I'm loving these!

Aiki, you are so right!! The excitement and the thrill is intoxicating!!!

TJ - never seen photos like yours before. They are like works of art!!!

This forum is so brilliant because it shares with us all sorts of magical moments from all sorts of cameras and all sorts of situations. Every 'snap' crackles and pops too in my book (tee hee)

Pip xxxx

• I hope its ok to have a belly laugh cause this thread is just sooooo wonderful and i have just had another one at  Pontys .

I love it  that we get a great pic then find it isnt what we wanted at all but a great sense of humour is had by all here.That is what makes  sharing it soooooo special.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 02/09/2010 00:08 in reply to Ponty Cyclops

Hi Ant

LOL it is still good that you have got a Little Owl

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 02/09/2010 00:13 in reply to GrahamC

Unknown said:

I've got lots of those! Blimey, where do I start? :)

Belted Kingfisher:

Cheers for a great thread aiki, Graham

Hi Mr G

Belted Kingfisher??? OMG!! And a Last Post too!!

Masterly, young sir!

Pip xxx

• Hi all

Well this is one thread I can probably excell at......................as so....

Barn Owl

It gets worse!

fuzzy Long Tailed Tit

:-)