Bad pics of fab wildlife :)

Just because there's way too much great photography on this site...!

You know the feeling. You only got one or a few photos of it and they're not very good, but you can't bear to throw the photos away because they're all you have of that particular species. So you keep them, just until you get better ones :) We've managed to 'upgrade' some of the species below since these bad pics were taken, but not all...

Please join in! I can't be the only one who hordes terrible wildlife photos :)

Collared Flycatcher

Otter

Peregrine

and best (worst) of all, Nightjar!

•  

Great thread Aiki. A very poor shot of a Linnet but the only one.

No idea  who's bottom this was ha ha.

• Already posted in my France visit thread, but one that I'm proud of!! Lol!! My first ever crested tit! 

Didn't know it at the time, but a juv whiskered tern at Venus Pool last weekend! another first!

My best peregrine shot from a quarry in Cornwall!

and this one, a roe buck! I adore roes! Saw this from the road, pulled over, crept back and only got this before it caught wind of me and bolted! 

• well you cannot get much worse than this but it's my one and only Brambling visitor so I cannot bear to delete it

• In my view the "Fab Wildlife" is the essence of this thread. Yes we do have so many gobsmacking photos, but the photos on here are just as exciting and enjoyable, rare and wonderful and even the nightjar (a bit fuzzy as it is) - well, you can tell that's what it is and be thrilled. Collared Flycatcher - wow!!!!!

Thanks for posting these aiki

Pip xxxxxxx

edit  PS to Sheena, Marjus and Judi. Great thread this X

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 01/09/2010 23:33 in reply to Rockwolf

Hi there

Interesting thread about ooooopps pictures that we all do.

MarJus: Is that a brillant picture of a Crested Tit in your first picture - if it is that is a rare thing to see - even in the UK.

I would be pleased with that shot

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• I've got lots of those! Blimey, where do I start? :)

Belted Kingfisher:

Black- necked Grebe:

Common Redstart (I think!)

And I'm only upto the letter C!

Cheers for a great thread aiki, Graham

• Unknown said:

In my view the "Fab Wildlife" is the essence of this thread. Yes we do have so many gobsmacking photos, but the photos on here are just as exciting and enjoyable, rare and wonderful and even the nightjar (a bit fuzzy as it is) - well, you can tell that's what it is and be thrilled. Collared Flycatcher - wow!!!!!

Thanks for posting these aiki

Pip xxxxxxx

edit  PS to Sheena, Marjus and Judi. Great thread this X

One thing the 'bad' pics convey really well is the excitement - the frantically grabbed photo in the moment before the bird/mammal vanishes. You might think you imagined it, if it weren't for that handful of fuzzy pixels :)

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 01/09/2010 23:36 in reply to GrahamC

Hi Graham

Love your Belted Kingfisher.

What a beauty - reminds me of a Giant Kingfisher that you get in South Africa.

Common Redstart is a bird I would dream of seeing and adding to my twitchers bird list anyday!!

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• JudiM said:
    well you cannot get much worse than this but it's my one and only Brambling visitor so I cannot bear to delete it

Oh but you can get much worse, Judi!!!!!

This is my only picture of the only red crested pochard duck I have seen.

•  2010 Grad Smile Love this thread and then there are the pics that got away ha ha .No pic here but you know what i mean.

A pic of a Sparrowhawk which left the building he he.