Post Furlough Return To Work....

OK, yes I've been a bit absent the last couple of weeks, and with genuine reasons. Normally I pop on on a Wednesday afternoon after my weekly hospital visit, but with the current climate, I'm at work until the hospital appointments resume, and, working has been variable days and times, which means fitting in shopping and other tasks around my work hours, oh and not forgetting the HS2 road closures, narrow lanes etc as they ramp up their work!

So, I'm well, and I hope you're all well?

Any gossip, please tag it here.....

My local reserve I understand has been overwhelmed with visitors, so I've kept away, because in places, social distancing is not practicable. That's nature, not a fault of the reserve, making some paths very narrow. Long term, it doesn't look like things will get much better quickly, especially as a nearby town is experiencing uncontrolled Covid-19 cases, but not deaths, and if Leicester is anything to go by, if a localised lockdown does occur, then i will be impacted.

Lets hope not.

I've not been too busy with the camera, but here's a few, and some interesting rare visitors included....

A large white butterfly enjoying one of the new lavender plants

A peach of a sunrise....

The next two sunrise pics were taken about two mins apart.

A hiding pond lily

And a blooming nice lily

The newly planted erysimum and lavender plants are filling out nicely,

And the big surprise visitors, long tailed tits, of which at one point, we had at least ten on one feeder!

This pic below, there were two just out of the the image, which I didn't see til afterwards.

One cutely waiting its turn...

This one gave up waiting and found another feeder...

And once the feeding frenzy had died off, this one came back....

Take care and stay safe and I'll hopefully catch up with more posts over the weekend.

STOP PRESS!

More LTT's this afternoon!

• Unknown said:
    Best wishes to you and to Mrs PR. Between birding and gardening and giving Mrs PR a hand with things, I expect you may find your time very well filled and fulfilling. We are enjoying retirement, despite the Covid thing.

Thank you Ann from both of us.

On the good news front, Mrs PR is making good progress, and I'll be back to work next week, but hopefully, by the end of next week, near normal service be be resumed.

• Good to hear Mrs PR is making good progress and I hope that continues. As for you going back to work, I must have missed something--sorry. Thought I read you were retiring. Whatever, I hope you have and will have what you wished for!
  • Unknown said:
    Good to hear Mrs PR is making good progress and I hope that continues. As for you going back to work, I must have missed something--sorry. Thought I read you were retiring. Whatever, I hope you have and will have what you wished for!

Currently I was considering early retirement, as an update, the consideration has been placed as an application, which I know is undergoing review. I should hear something later this coming week.

• Thanks, Mike, I'll repeat myself--hope the result of the review is what you wanted.
  • Well, back to lockdown again, and hopefully, no more Furlough between now and the end of the year.

Mrs PR is still making good progress, and the chat with the physio last week was promising, all seems to be going very well, though she has been told not to get too carried away, endorsed by myself as well.

The garden has been very quiet, even the feeders aren't being visited, much, except for the grey squirrels, so not many photos to share with you all.

However, a blue tit on the nut feeder

A robin, one of this years young I think, but only a wild guess

and later, hiding in next doors bushes waiting for a safe moment to nip onto a seed feeder...

A rainbow...

The garden is looking very autumnal

The cherry tree goes a nice golden yellow at this time of year, but sadly the sun hasn't made an appearance to get th best of the colours

Next door and neighbouring gardens also looking autumnal....

And to finish with, some autumn skies....

Stay safe everyone, and I'll catch you all soon.

• Unknown said:
    Thanks, Mike, I'll repeat myself--hope the result of the review is what you wanted.

Thank you and my apologies, I had overlooked that bit.

I think the time is to move on, I don't see my employer not approving the application, particularly as they are looking to reduce the head count and our mortgage is paid, so it'll give some security to younger employees.

• No apology needed, Mike--Sorry that I wasn't clear; I wasn't thinking you had overlooked anything at all. Simply reinforcing my wish that you get what you want--lol! And it sounds like you may, happily.

Wonderful pictures in your newest set!

• Glad to hear Mrs PR's recovery is going well.
  • Unknown said:

No apology needed, Mike--Sorry that I wasn't clear; I wasn't thinking you had overlooked anything at all. Simply reinforcing my wish that you get what you want--lol! And it sounds like you may, happily.

Wonderful pictures in your newest set!

No worries, no apologies required Ann, I was actually getting my ear chewed by Mrs PR, a very important matter, tonights dinner, and thank you on the pictures.  Relaxed

• Unknown said:
    Glad to hear Mrs PR's recovery is going well.

Thanks Nige.