Post Furlough Return To Work....

OK, yes I've been a bit absent the last couple of weeks, and with genuine reasons. Normally I pop on on a Wednesday afternoon after my weekly hospital visit, but with the current climate, I'm at work until the hospital appointments resume, and, working has been variable days and times, which means fitting in shopping and other tasks around my work hours, oh and not forgetting the HS2 road closures, narrow lanes etc as they ramp up their work!

So, I'm well, and I hope you're all well?

Any gossip, please tag it here.....

My local reserve I understand has been overwhelmed with visitors, so I've kept away, because in places, social distancing is not practicable. That's nature, not a fault of the reserve, making some paths very narrow. Long term, it doesn't look like things will get much better quickly, especially as a nearby town is experiencing uncontrolled Covid-19 cases, but not deaths, and if Leicester is anything to go by, if a localised lockdown does occur, then i will be impacted.

Lets hope not.

I've not been too busy with the camera, but here's a few, and some interesting rare visitors included....

A large white butterfly enjoying one of the new lavender plants

A peach of a sunrise....

The next two sunrise pics were taken about two mins apart.

A hiding pond lily

And a blooming nice lily

The newly planted erysimum and lavender plants are filling out nicely,

And the big surprise visitors, long tailed tits, of which at one point, we had at least ten on one feeder!

This pic below, there were two just out of the the image, which I didn't see til afterwards.

One cutely waiting its turn...

This one gave up waiting and found another feeder...

And once the feeding frenzy had died off, this one came back....

Take care and stay safe and I'll hopefully catch up with more posts over the weekend.

STOP PRESS!

More LTT's this afternoon!

• Great to hear op is done & dusted with a good outcome ... convey best wishes to Mrs PR for a full & speedy recoveryFingers crossed
  • WendyBartter said:
    Great to hear op is done & dusted with a good outcome ... convey best wishes to Mrs PR for a full & speedy recovery

Thank you, and Mrs PR also says thank you.

• A few photos from home, though with the Covid19 situation, and Mrs PR, free time has been scarce.

Some of you may recall I had been looking at my pension plans, with the concern things could go southwards with work and the health of Mrs PR. Well, the invite to take early retirement was made a few days ago. After 45 years of managing to keep in employment, particularly through the 70's & 80's, I think I've finally been thwarted....

My big concerns are Covid19 and all the road closures/diversions for HS2 construction restricting physical activities, or I would be out and about around the local reserves.

Less of the doom and gloom, the constant cheer, [and heaven knows, we could all do with plenty of that] nicely in bloom in the garden, with some new buds ready and willing to show

And even those already opened, looking very nice in the autumn sun

A wood pigeon posing on the garage roof...

A lime tree across the road in full autumnal garb

A GSW on an empty pellet feeder

Stay safe folks, more to follow soon.

• Hello Mike it is good to see you back. Please send on my best wishes to Mrs PR and I wish her a full and speedy recovery. Glad the operation went well and that the signs are good. Maybe after 45 years it is now time for you to hang up your hat, enjoy retirement, look after Mrs PR and try and get out and about, when allowed!? Easy to say rather than do! I have been with the practice for 40 years and went part time 7 years ago, still have a bit left in me yet to work, I am not 60 yet. Yes I started straight after school, all those years ago! Your lovely lilac flowers have given a lovely splash of colour for many months and are still looking good.

• Glad to hear all went well with Mrs PRs OP! Thanks for the garden update too...Many happy...Retirement Wink
    Good to hear from you again Mike.
    Take care
  • Enjoy the extra "free" time of retirement!
  • Lynn L said:

Hello Mike it is good to see you back. Please send on my best wishes to Mrs PR and I wish her a full and speedy recovery. Glad the operation went well and that the signs are good. Maybe after 45 years it is now time for you to hang up your hat, enjoy retirement, look after Mrs PR and try and get out and about, when allowed!? Easy to say rather than do! I have been with the practice for 40 years and went part time 7 years ago, still have a bit left in me yet to work, I am not 60 yet. Yes I started straight after school, all those years ago! Your lovely lilac flowers have given a lovely splash of colour for many months and are still looking good.

Thank you CL, from both of us.

I feel you're right about time to hang the work hat up, and let younger blood have a future. It's a mindset thing, and one of the last bastions of my independence, which I really do need to relinquish. My employer has been very good to me for the 22 years I've been with them, and particularly post accident, the support has been second to none, I really can't praise them enough.

I think if it wasn't for Covid19, it would be a lot easier to let go, because the days could be fulfilled a lot easier, Furlough has most definitely shown me that one.

As one chapter draws to an end, the next one is about to start....

The erysimum has done very well this year and brought a lot of pleasure.

• Linda257 said:
    Glad to hear all went well with Mrs PRs OP! Thanks for the garden update too...Many happy...Retirement

Good to hear from you again Mike.
    Take care

Thank you Linda, from both of us.

Once Covid19 is more settled, I'll be back around the reserves, locally and a little further afield. That day won't come soon enough....

• Unknown said:
    Enjoy the extra "free" time of retirement!

Cheers Nige.

I fear Mrs PR has a few projects lined up, but once Covid19 has settled, definitely time to be made for visiting reserves.

• Best wishes to you and to Mrs PR. Between birding and gardening and giving Mrs PR a hand with things, I expect you may find your time very well filled and fulfilling. We are enjoying retirement, despite the Covid thing.