Attacked by a large owl in Bredhurst, Kent

Good Evening,

Just wanted to get some help / info because tonight me and my partner were attacked by a very large owl in the woods. We was walking along the path in the middle of the woods, when we came across a very large rotten tree with huge limbs. There were hollow trunks and lots off fallen limbs on the floor. As I approached the tree, my partner said she saw something grey on the ground but before we could even react, we were both struck with huge force at the back of ours heads. I would describe it as if a man had punched me. As I turned, I saw a very large owl that looked like an Eagle Owl flying away. I have some experience with owls because regularly, I held large owls, such as the Indian Owl in scouts etc 

Both me and my partner were left with minor whiplash and my partner was left with a cut on her scalp. We quickly left the area and have reported it to the Bredhurst Woodland Action Group. It must have been an incredibly rare experience and maybe because of the coronavirus, they have been left in peace because there are less people. There are lots of Buzzards in the area but I am 100% certain it wasnt one of those. It was reported that there was an Eagle Owl in Ashford Kent in 2019.

Any suggestions?