I got 29 playing crib last night.........

For those of you who don't play cribbage this will be gobbledy gook! We play a game every night at bedtime & have done for 10 years, although we've both played it since childhood & have played on & off all our lives. Neither of us have seen the hand come up before. I looked it up & it's one chance in 216,580!!! So here is the photo of the historic occasion

Well, I've done it all now, all boxes ticked! LOL

• Well it was 4 x 15's with the 5's & jack = 8pts then another 4 x 15's within the 4 5's = 8pts. Then you get 12pt's for 4 of a kind & then 1 for his hat because the jack in the hand was the same suit as on top. So 8 + 8 + 12 + 1. I bet you'd soon get back in the habit if you had a few games! We never get bored with it as it's different every time. Just gives us a laugh at the end of the day.
  • Hazel/Noisette, Well done and I hope you have the same luck again in the next few months; it's good to take every opportunity to distract ourselves and to celebrate whenever possible! I've never played, never watched a game, but Mr GB has one somewhere. He used to play with his Grandfather who died in 1973! We might need to dig it out (the crib, not the Grandad!) and then there will be the arduous task of teaching me how to play. And we still have a couple of unopened jigsaw puzzles. There's always shouting 'Yes!' with each successful piece installed, plus a bit of jumping up and down to get some exercise...
  • Jigsaws were my passion for years, however with all my "work" on identifying moths I always seem to have a backlog of things to do. Our game of cards at night is only missed if I'm away mothtrapping, it's a such a good relaxing thing to do. I'm sure someone has a video on u-tube with the rules etc....
    We always played cards at home, usually just me & dad, he didn't take me up the pub often so he didn't get the chance to play elsewhere.
  • We also played cards at home when I was growing up but never crib. My father was a bit excitable and was occasionally moved to stand on his chair and pound on the table if we were not catching on fast enough! Happy days!
  • Of course I understood every word of the scoring H ... not! Lol i come from a card- playing, crossword solving & jigsaw family with Scrabble added later ... always great to win but especially rewarding to solve the last crossword clue, cue run round the room punching air with fist saying ner-ner- nerny- ner! Hahaha great exercise again!
  • We've just recently got internet radio & have a few channels with the names of the singers & title of song showing. It's great to rack your brains for the name of the group/singer & of course the time limit for guessing is the length of the song.
    Funny things we do to keep ourselves amused! LOL
  • WendyBartter said:
    Of course I understood every word of the scoring H ... not!

Same here. I have been known to talk absolute gibberish but I take my hat off to that … um, well, I was going to say "system" but that seems a very strong word under the circumstances!!

• Hazel C said:
    We've just recently got internet radio & have a few channels with the names of the singers & title of song showing. It's great to rack your brains for the name of the group/singer & of course the time limit for guessing is the length of the song.

I suppose that's not far from where two of you take one half of the headphones each, put the I-pod on shuffle and see who can name each song first.