Self Isolation

I’ve have decided to self isolate myself for at least the next 12 weeks. Only exceptions will be for buying food and other items at my local shops only 5-10 minutes walk away, of which I will take great care. For bird seed and other types of bird food which would have meant travelling on local public tramsport, I will order online to be delivered at my home address. Hopefully this will be all over sooner than later. All the activities with my local RSPB Group including the monthly coach trips have been cancelled until at least the 1st September and the annual UK birdwatching holiday at the beginning of May looks as though that could be cancelled, but the one good thing I will be reimbursed all of my money that I’ve paid for my holiday. Although I could go out on my own using the public bus service birdwatching. I’ve reluctantly decided against that, as my health is more important to me, as I do have diabetes type 2.

• I hope you can get it re-scheduled soon. Stay safe and take care!
  • I got a text from NHS yesterday saying I am in the at risk group and to stay at home for 3 months so even local birding is a strict no go. Plenty of window/garden birding,1st Chiffchaff of the year out of the flat window today. No doubt my ukulele and banjo playing should improve and we are hoping to set up some on line lessons for the ukulele. We have managed to move our holiday to Dumfries and Galloway to late August so that to look forward to. Stay safe folks
  • Good to hear from you Pete, keep yourself & familly safe. At least these days most people can stay in touch with chidren & grand-children with Skype & face-time. Maybe you could keep them entertained with the banjo!
  • Wendy S said:
    I got a text from NHS yesterday saying I am in the at risk group and to stay at home for 3 months so even local birding is a strict no go. Plenty of window/garden birding,1st Chiffchaff of the year out of the flat window today. No doubt my ukulele and banjo playing should improve and we are hoping to set up some on line lessons for the ukulele. We have managed to move our holiday to Dumfries and Galloway to late August so that to look forward to. Stay safe folks

Oh, I see the quote box has got things mixed up again!

Any way, Pete, it's going to be tough, but stay stay safe, and you'll be out there again.

• I got one this morning sadly it got delivered 300 miles away lol
  • Sorry to hear that Pete and James. I think we are all in it for the long haul. I can see this period of staying at home being extended.