Coal Tit or Willow Tit

Saw this pretty little bird in rural North Wales. Does anyone whether it's a coal or willow tit please? Or something else? 

• It's something else, A Q. It's a Pied Wagtail.
  • Thanks T.J. don't think I've ever seen one of these before today.
  • Pied Wagtails are quite a common bird, very distinguishable by the constantly flicking/wagging tail, hence the name.

I know there are quite a few places in N Wales where they are particularly prominent, so it could be your not far from one of those places

• Hi Mike B, I first started bird watching this January so definitely still a novice! I also managed to capture a great spotted woodpecker but unfortunately the pictures and videos weren't very clear.
  • Unknown said:
    Hi Mike B, I first started bird watching this January so definitely still a novice! I also managed to capture a great spotted woodpecker but unfortunately the pictures and videos weren't very clear.

Welcome to the magnificent world of birdwatching A.Q Is never too late to start and we never stop learning. Look forward to seeing and hearing all about your future finds. Exciting times ahead!

• Thank you Linda 257, I shall get the garden bird feed and camera ready! And hopefully head up to an RSPB Reserve soon!
  • Unknown said:
    Hi Mike B, I first started bird watching this January so definitely still a novice! I also managed to capture a great spotted woodpecker but unfortunately the pictures and videos weren't very clear.

AQ, welcome to the wonderful world of birds, well, not just birds, but nature in general.

I've only been doing it 2½ years, still got the L plates on but don't let that deter you, I'm enjoying every learning moment, well, that is when the weather permits me to get out. I've always been an outdoors person, working on farms as a teenager, then in adult life, spending a lot of time on hills, mountains and moors, camping, doing all the courses, how to navigate, how to survive and how to lead groups of people, and generally enjoying being away from the urban hustle.

However, five years ago, some inconsiderate motorist ran a red light while I was legitimately on a pelican crossing, causing considerable damage to my lower right leg, which required major reconstruction surgery, and as a result, I'm not very mobile, so the mountains are now just happy memories, places I've been, folk I've been with.

I'm a keen, but not very good, amateur photographer (all the gear and no idea, you know the sort, that's me), so birding, along with landscape was the next best move to enjoy the outdoors.

It can be hard to differentiate between willow, coal and great tits at times, but you'll get there in good time, so please, don't let it worry you.

PS, I'm a very informal person, Mike is more than adequate, or, even "oi you".....