Coronavirus

I'm quite concerned about Coronavirus, as I suffer from Diabetes Type 2 and going out with large numbers of members of my local RSPB Group and those who have diabetes are supposedly among the high risk and I'm due to be going on the annual birdwatching holiday in May staying in a hotel. If the situation deteriorates rapidly, i might have to reconsider going on that holiday, as my life and health is more important to me than going on a birdwatching holiday that i would enjoy as well as losing money paid for the holiday.

• Like you Thomo. I am not in the best of health so I too am thinking of were I am going each day and best to avoid places were there are to many people about shame but best to try and stay safe if you can.
  • Unknown said:

I'm quite concerned about Coronavirus, as I suffer from Diabetes Type 2 and going out with large numbers of members of my local RSPB Group and those who have diabetes are supposedly among the high risk and I'm due to be going on the annual birdwatching holiday in May staying in a hotel. If the situation deteriorates rapidly, i might have to reconsider going on that holiday, as my life and health is more important to me than going on a birdwatching holiday that i would enjoy as well as losing money paid for the holiday.

It would be a shame, but as you justifiably say, your health is important.

When folk used to ask about attempting mountains in questionable conditions, I always said, the mountains will still be there when conditions are better.

Many hotels will understand, and some will often make an offer to keep your business at a more suitable date, when things have settled down. My advice would be to talk to the hotel sooner than later.

• Stay safe, and follow the advice given and hopefully the time will go quickly and we can resume our normal life again
  • Ian, You may know that the RSPB are cancelling events and closing visitor centres, so it is likely that your trip will be rescheduled. I hope you, Jim and others, especially those at any increased risk, will remain safe. I am fortunate not to suffer from any relevant health problems, but I'm ancient, so only partly at risk. Am sticking close to home but Mr GB might bring home the unwelcome virus while out getting food, prescriptions, etc. Fingers crossed for everyone on the forum, many others of whom are not in the first flush of youth and may also have other health issues.