Winter Flowers; Baddesley Clinton Sat 1st Feb 2020

Saturday was looking to be a traumatic indoor admin day, but the sun was trying to make an appearance, and I just hadn't got the umph to stay at home and get done, what needs to be done, all last years paperwork to be sorted and filed in file 13, the shredder....

So, I decided with the uncertain weather we've been enduring, now was the time to grab and get some photos of snow drops, and possibly, only a remote possibility, early crocuses...

Ok, so no crocuses in this photo, but I do (a personal opinion) find this gate photogenic.

As it happened, the crocuses were still firmly underground (wise move this weather), but the snow drops were in abundance.

And just for good measure, there was a small patch of sweet violets among a patch of snow drops...

Then it was back home and sort all that paperwork out.....   Cry

• Snowdrops are one of the earliest and loveliest of spring flowers bringing thoughts of springtime on its way and the sweet violets with their colour too. Lovely set of photos Mike.
  • Spring is certainly springing! Lots of things popping up now in the tubs and garden.

• I doubt you'll get many arguments on here against going out to photograph spring flowers compared to staying home and doing the paperwork!
  • Absolutely agree with you priorities there Mike, and rewarded with some beautiful shots. Funnily enough I said to Mrs PB we should do the local NT snowdrop walk this weekend (before I realised I was working)
  • Unknown said:
    Snowdrops are one of the earliest and loveliest of spring flowers bringing thoughts of springtime on its way and the sweet violets with their colour too. Lovely set of photos Mike.

Thank you Hazel.

Snowdrops always come in to bloom here around early February, closely followed by crocuses, though at the moment, crocuses seem to be in hiding!

• PimperneBloke said:
    Absolutely agree with you priorities there Mike, and rewarded with some beautiful shots. Funnily enough I said to Mrs PB we should do the local NT snowdrop walk this weekend (before I realised I was working)

While its always nice to visit a reserve or wetlands, I sometimes feel many National Trust properties are underestimated for what they can deliver, especially as many will have been stately homes/houses with an expanse of land to accompany the property.