Cup of tea with your biscuit?

After watching the squirrel work tirelessly digging holes and burying nuts all over my garden

And a little nibble on the feeder before sliding down the pole

he decided he needed a well earned break with a chocolate biscuit

• Cute photos but I'd limit the choccie biscuits as the chocolate content is as toxic to squirrels as it is to cats and dogs as it contains Theobromine. Tell it to stick to peanuts, sunflower hearts and fat cake !
  • oh thanks for that I wasnt aware. Its the first time its been in the garden in months. It only had the one. One has much to learn !
  • One biscuit should be ok Linda but chocolate content is toxic to a lot of wildlife and domestic pets so better to give them dedicated animal recommended food. Anything with too much salt content should be avoided too. Its lovely to watch the squirrel antics so keep enjoying your garden visitors.
  • Yes, lovely to see the squirrel.
    There was a slot on our French TV yesterday about a place where they kept getting killed while crossing a busy road through the woods. So they got together & put a big cable up high, running from one side to the other. Then to give them a help in the winter they put up a pulley system & hoisted buckets of hazel-nuts up into the trees so they could help themselves. Brilliant!