A Hungry Wood Pigeon!

We've a few fallen apples in the garden, which are slowly being eaten by many creatures as the days pass by.

I managed to snap this wood pigeon have a nibble at a part eaten and fallen apple.

Are any predators around?

A second check to ensure all is clear

Here we go: nom nom nom

• I've heard of the hungry caterpillar so there's a story in this somewhere !
    Now you know how to make pastry for the birds you need to make another batch but this time leave out the bird seed and add a little salt; Simmer the peeled apples with a little sugar and cinnamon and leave out the four and twenty blackbirds as you bake the pie lol Then text me and I'll be round for dinner !!
  • Hungry pigeon indeed having to resort to apples!
    Lol Hazel, I will have some of that too!
  • Fallen apples ... and no thrushes?? Scandalous! You need to have serious words with your local birds, Mike, they're getting lax!
  • Unknown said:

I've heard of the hungry caterpillar so there's a story in this somewhere !
    Now you know how to make pastry for the birds you need to make another batch but this time leave out the bird seed and add a little salt; Simmer the peeled apples with a little sugar and cinnamon and leave out the four and twenty blackbirds as you bake the pie lol Then text me and I'll be round for dinner !!

Nature is full of stories, that's what makes it so wonderful.

• Lynn L said:

Hungry pigeon indeed having to resort to apples!
    Lol Hazel, I will have some of that too!

Perhaps the apples had fermented sufficiently to give a bit of a kick!
    However, I never saw any signs of drunken wood pigeons, on the ground, or in the air!
  • Unknown said:
    Fallen apples ... and no thrushes?? Scandalous! You need to have serious words with your local birds, Mike, they're getting lax!

I don't think I've seen a thrush in the garden for a couple of years, at least!

Too many wood pigeons and magpies, though the blackbirds went quiet last year, seem to be plentiful this year.