Gulls on my window feeder

Happy New Year, and happy watching.

I've been feeding the small birds (robins, blackbirds, wrens etc) at work and we decided to get a window feeder.

Unfortunately my office windows are over a small hedge, and what I'm getting is the two adolescent seagulls who hang out here standing on the hedge and filling their beaks, which I'd like to discourage. I do not mind feeding them at all - they're a rather endearingly cheeky pair, they bring us little gifts to the back door - but I'd also like them to NOT have their heads in my bird feeder the whole time!

The only thing I can think of is to put it further up the window, but no one at all is using it at the moment and I wanted to put it quite low so we could put seeds etc on top of the hedge to attract the littler birds, and then move it up over time when they were used to it being there.

Any ideas?

• Hi,    the only solution I can think of is to purchase a squirrel proof type feeder like THIS ONE which you could try and hang from a hook or shepherds crook type pole (should be able to buy one of those at a garden centre which sells bird food, etc.)    which you could place in the ground by the hedge which would only allow smaller birds to access the food.