Please feel free to post your Christmas cards/greetings here

• Unknown said:

After a trip to the local garden centre today to buy some Polyanthus for the courtyard pots and some half coconut filled suet food for the birds, I came across three famous reindeer who were entertaining the crowd - so thought I would post it here as well as on video clips thread.

I think Donner is in danger of being made into a Xmas Kebab if he doesn't get more enthusiastic   LOL    Looks like he's already been at the Christmas port  ! 

https://youtu.be/vZoCVKK9oA4

Brilliant video, and I have to agree about Donner...

However, I noticed that Rudolph wasn't to be seen!

• Michael B said:

Rudolph was given the day off as he had a cold that day which gave him a red nose  lol

• Unknown said:

Michael B said:

Rudolph was given the day off as he had a cold that day which gave him a red nose  lol

Or toooo much good spirit!     LOL

• Thanks to All for your good wishes, photo-cards and laughs. Wishing Everyone, posters and lurkers alike, a happy, healthy and bird-filled Christmas and the same for 2020.
  • Just caught up with your video Hazy, it's brilliant, gave me a good laugh which I needed. Great cards by all, must try & get one sorted.
  • Hello dear friends,

I didn't have much time this year to spend on the forums, but I haven't forgotten you. Our little Karl has grown a lot. My Christmas Card is a picture of him, at a little Christmas Party at the nursery. He and his group have done the "Reindeer Dance". So cute! So whoever has missed Rudolph on previous posts here, would have had some of them in the dance. You can see how the children were dressed up.

I wish all of you a very happy Christmas time, and all the best for 2020.

Kindest regards as always,

Bente

• Good to hear from you Bente and to see young Karl growing up so fast, where does the time go ! Have a lovely family Christmas and happy 2020.
  • Hi Bente, how lovely to hear from you! Do you take Karl out to see the Storks? I wish you a very Happy Xmas & & best wishes for 2020.
  • Hello Hazel,

I would so much like Karl to see the storks, but as you might remember, I moved from Hesse to Saxony almost 4 years ago. Here at my new home there is no habitat for storks. So we will take Karl to the storks when we visit the grandparents. He is already interested in many kinds of animals (butterflies, ants and spiders for example). Last week I had to catch a big "horror-spider" in the corridor, and put it outside. I didn't say a word. Karl just followed the direction where I looked and immediately saw the spider. And he said something that I might translate as:"Mama catch bider". When I had caught it in an empty glass, he said :"Want see, want see". When I showed him the glass with the spider, he made sounds of joy and laughed, too. Afterwards he said:"Bider fresh air". So you see: He has just celebrated his 2nd birthday, but he is already very smart. And he remembers so many things! Before that he has seen a spider only once or twice before, and being so small I thought he wouldn't remember what a spider looks like. But he did.

Another point is, that Karl already begins to show a kind heart: Recently, in the kitchen, I was cutting onions. Quite a lot of onions, in fact, so I started "crying". The tears just streamed down my face. Karl saw this, suddenly looked worried, came to me, held out his arms and said:"Mama kiss". And Karl sometimes says things like:"Teddy-Bear go Uncle Doctor", and pretends that his Teddy is sick.

Kind regards, Bente

• Oh, Bente, what sweet stories about your little boy, Karl! Thanks for the update and I hope you will see the Storks when you visit Karl's grandparents.