What is this Bird??

Sorry for the rubbish picture but it was a dark dreary morning when I spotted this in a tree behind my garden.

Please tell me it's a Song Thrush and not a female Blackbird haha! Or is it something completely different. Can anybody help please? There was two of them in the tree.

I'm new to bird watching and photography so please excuse what might seem obvious questions to you all. Kind Regards.

• Hi Krafty,
    It's definitely a thrush and I would say it's a Mistle Thrush. The blobs on its breast are round whereas those on a Song Thrush are arrow shaped especially on the upper part of the breast. Nice spot given the gloomy misty weather.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I agree with Tony

My Flickr photos

• Yep, Mistle Thrush for me too three  !   as Tony says,  more like splodge blobs on breast rather than upright arrow markings and more grey rather than brown around the head.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thanks so much everyone for your replies I really appreciate it. How exciting! I have never heard of a Mistle Thrush before never mind seeing one. I do hope they will visit again. Thanks again.
  • Keep an eye on them Krafty if there is more than one you may see a slight difference in them if there are Fieldfares or Redwings amongst them, or if you are really lucky and you have trees with berries you may get a Waxwing or two.

My Flickr photos

• Aww Thanks so much for the advice Alan. Really do appreciate it. Fingers crossed they come back.
  • Hello Krafty, welcome from me up in the very far north of Scotland, in Caithness. That is a lovely visitor to see, well done. Keep a look out and see what else you can find.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks very much Catlady, really appreciate the welcome message. I do love it on here as the people are so friendly and helpful. I am on the lookout now for more feathered visitors to my garden.
  • Hi Krafty72, I would say that you have got a Mistle Thrush there - the spots look quite round. Song thrush spots a slightly heart shaped

CinJ

Cin J

• In reply to Germain:

Many Thanks Germain. Appreciate the feedback I was very happy to discover this visitor as not had one before.