HD Digital Camera Binoculars

Hi all, been asked about the above but have not seen or used any of these before, so just asking if anyone has got them or used them and if they are any good, I don't think the person will be wanting prize wining photos from them but what are the pictures like even better if you can share one with us.

Thanks

• I can't really help you much James, other than to say I've had a pair of Bushnell 4x50 Equinox Vision Night bins (no longer made, and basically a monocular but using both eyes to view, the other optic cylinder is the infra red to enable the night vision), and I did deliberately go in at entry level rather than spending lots and getting disappointed..

Before I bought the Bushnell's, I did a lot of research, regarding focusing, AF vs manual, and came up with some very interesting answers, along with a lot of rubbish. It seems (unsurprisingly) very few night vision optics utilise AF because of it's low light shortfalls, something most photographers will understand, which is why many cameras utilise a form of light beam to assist the AF under low light levels.

The Bushnell's aren't HD, but they are effectively a digital image device, not optical, for night/low light use, though they can be used during the daytime, though the image quality is nothing like what we see with modern cameras.

I'm still looking into night vision, though it seems I would need to spend a considerable amount of money before I can get what I would consider good IR images. In the interim, I am comfortably using the Bushnell's.

https://www.optics-pro.com/digital-night-vision-device/bushnell-night-vision-device-equinox-z-4x50-binocular/p,49441

It's probably not what you're looking for, info wise but I thought I would share that with you just in case it was a step in the right direction.

I personally will be interested to see what if anything, follows from here.

• Thank you for your reply Mike, they are looking at something more like these but I can't find any good reviews of any kind so was just asking on here.

Binoculars-Recorder-Telescope

• Hi Jim, I'm sure we've had someone on here, probably about 2/3 years ago, who took pictures with their bins. Can you do a search of the forums? Since this new set-up I can't find a thing!
  • James G said:

Thank you for your reply Mike, they are looking at something more like these but I can't find any good reviews of any kind so was just asking on here.

Binoculars-Recorder-Telescope

You're welcome.

I didn't think that was what you were looking for, but on the off chance I thought I'd share that with you.

I hope you manage to get the info you're after.

• Sorry I missed your post Hazel, will have a look and see if I can find the thread.