Autumn Colours & Scenes 2019: share you photos here

Its that time of year, the leaves are changing to some fabulous colours, reds, yellows, browns and oranges, and I think quite a photogenic time, especially when the sun makes an appearance.

Here's a few to start the thread off.

Aber Ogwen

RSPB Conwy

Baddesley Clinton

• Stunning colours of autumn,  I can only find older photos from our garden when all the Japanese acers were showing at their best. …...

• Unknown said:

Stunning colours of autumn,  I can only find older photos from our garden when all the Japanese acers were showing at their best. …...

What stunning colours Hazy.

I've given up on the sun for this year, just to get a dry day is a bonus these days!

I did look back before I set the thread up, and some I took around Ladybower Reservoir were nice and colourful, mid-November, and that was a cloudy day. So you can get some decent autumnal photos on a cloudy day

Even Wheel Stones on Derwent Edge were clearly visible!

While nearby Bleaklow was draped in snow, and thick cloud!

• Nice one Alan, remind me of why we left The Laurels lol
  • Taken at Lackford lakes last week.

• I think Autumn is pretty much over here already. This was from last week and there were hardly any leaves left on the trees - it's a view over Yarrow Reservoir

Beech and Oak are still hanging on to their dead leaves giving some colour, like this lone oak on the edge of the moors

• I think a nice beech wood is worth an autumn visit where all the leaves are the same rich brown, whether on the ground or still on the tree

• Nice photos folks, and yes, beech tree do often give superb colours.

• OK, getting out hasn't been an option, apart from work and shopping, both necessary.

My local reserve Middleton Lakes has been suffering with flooding, and the only days I would be able to visit, well, it was just rain, rain, and more rain.

Even the garden birds have taken shelter!

A few photos taken in the garden between showers, hence the shiny leaves, but under very dull conditions, so flash was used, of the fallen leaves, a mix of cherry tree and sycamore, in the garden.

This last photo, taken earlier this month, when I was hoping for a decent bit of sun and blue sky, for the cherry tree leaves can look stunning in the right light, but alas not this autumn.

This next photo was taken November 2018.

It'll soon be winter, and the snow will no doubt make an appearance...

• Lovely autumnal colours Mike, looks like Friday this week for best day so we may head back to Wirral Coast.
  • Good stuff Mike, it's amazing the difference a bit of blue sky can make (in more ways than one!)