Staying at my cousins this week in the West Midlands, but cut off in the village by floods.

I’m in the West Midlands staying with my cousin this week and not far from Evesham. Well as has happened in the past, the village road going in and out is under water because of torrential rain over the last 24 hours. Some of the homes have sandbags, but I’m ok as my cousins home is well above the flood levels and his home is ok as has been in the past. Evesham could well get flooded tomorrow if all the water comes down from the catchment area’s by tomorrow. Hopefully that’s not the case. Bob who’s on this forum and used to live not far from Evesham in another town, knows this village well. But sadly I haven’t been able to do the things I wanted to do this week. Hopefully I’ll be able to return home by train to Newcastle Upon Tyne on Sunday.

Regards,

Ian.

• Sorry to here you've been cut off Ian but thankfully not flooded out like some folk, the rain has been non stop all day again here today.

My Flickr photos

• Hi Ian, sadly I can't remember which village you visit but I'm not surprised to hear that there is a lot of flooding and projected flooding in the area after all the rain we have had, along with the recent Spring Tide. It's a shame that you haven't been able to get out and about as much as you would like but with a bit of luck you should make it back to the North East on Sunday. I won't tell you how nice it was up here yesterday - Mrs Bob even joined me on a trip down to South Shields and a walk along the pier to do a spot of birdwatching. Back to rain again today though.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/