The Photography Show and The Video Show 2020

I know one person that will tell me to stop it!   LOL

Joking aside, for those interested, The Photography Show and The Video Show 2020 will b at the NEC, Birmingham over 14-17 March 2020

It cost me a lot of money, so be warned, or leave your credit/debit cards at home...

https://photographyshow.com/

• I'll be looking for a 40th wedding anniversary present around that time so I'll take Mike with me LOL
  • Unknown said:
    I'll be looking for a 40th wedding anniversary present around that time so I'll take Mike with me LOL

Good luck with the Ruby Anniversary pressie.

Mrs PR has suggested I leave my cards at home, after spending over £1k earlier this year.....

• Unknown said:
    I'll be looking for a 40th wedding anniversary present around that time so I'll take Mike with me LOL

I was about to suggest all you need is Mike's credit card, but then I realised you'd need him to help carry all the boxes :-)

Michael B said:
    Mrs PR has suggested I leave my cards at home, after spending over £1k earlier this year....

I reckon you got off lightly :-)

• Unknown said:
    HAZY said:

I was about to suggest all you need is Mike's credit card, but then I realised you'd need him to help carry all the boxes :-)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Out of interest what would be on your   "yet to buy - and wish"   list ………………..     

Would be interesting to hear what everyone's wish list would be once they are in the Photo camera candy shop ………... although I do remember Paul A's  would start with a  Canon EF 200mm f2.0L IS  !!      I think mine would start with gym membership to build up my gear carrying muscles ;)  how I envy you strong fellows  !

• Unknown said:
    Would be interesting to hear what everyone's wish list would be once they are in the Photo camera candy shop

Not much on my wish list at the moment.  I've always fancied a 70-200, but know it wouldn't get used so won't bother unless WHAT I take pictures of changes significantly.  I like the 200-400 as well, but again, I'd probably never use it.  Though I used the 300/2.8 + 2x a few times this year as a more mobile 600mm and that worked well.  The 200-400 is of similar bulk, so I guess it would be handy occasionally, but I doubt I could ever justify the cost to myself with the options I already have at my disposal.  The Mk3 600mm doesn't have me hankering after it - yes it's lighter, but it's no sharper (less, technically, than the Mk2) and whilst there are slight improvements in stabiliser and minimum focus, they're not earth shaking.  I believe manual focus is now fly-by-wire too, which is a bit naff, so taking all that into account, I don't think I'm too enthusiastic to splash the cash on one of those!

I'd almost definitely cough up for a 7D3 if it ever appears, but the one thing I'd probably buy if I came into some money and wanted to be frivolous is a macro probe lens - just because it looks so ludicrously fun to play with! www.laowalens.co.uk/laowa-24mm-f4-macro-probe-lens-canon.html

• Wow, what an interesting bit of kit WJ, never even heard or seen that macro probe before so thanks for the link. I too think the 7Dmkiii will be interesting to take a look at assuming we get one before I'm six foot under lol Bet the new 1DXmkiii will be at the show in time for the Olympics as they plan their lucrative sales. I'd still like the 7d3 !
  • Unknown said:

HAZY said:

I've a very flexible debit card, its made from rubber! Joy

• Unknown said:

Whistling Joe said:
    HAZY said:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Out of interest what would be on your   "yet to buy - and wish"   list ………………..     

Would be interesting to hear what everyone's wish list would be once they are in the Photo camera candy shop ………... although I do remember Paul A's  would start with a  Canon EF 200mm f2.0L IS  !!      I think mine would start with gym membership to build up my gear carrying muscles ;)  how I envy you strong fellows  !

I think a lens that will go as wide as 18mm for my 5D. I currently have a 24-105mm lens, which is good for what I do.

I really miss the 18mm-24mm on the 750D, not that I used the 18mm often, but it was damned handy when I had it.

As for big lenses, I'm happy (for now Imp) with the Sigma, but I could be persuaded to look at upgrading my Manfrotto tripod!

I'd best shut up, before I get into trouble....

• Unknown said:
    Wow, what an interesting bit of kit WJ, never even heard or seen that macro probe before so thanks for the link. I too think the 7Dmkiii will be interesting to take a look at assuming we get one before I'm six foot under lol Bet the new 1DXmkiii will be at the show in time for the Olympics as they plan their lucrative sales. I'd still like the 7d3 !

The rumour mill surrounding the 7D MkIII seems to have gone very quiet since the launch of the 90D, which has been speculated to incorporate many of the rumoured changes to the 7D along with the 80D as well. Even the rumours of the demise of he &D seem to h ave gone a little quiet.

So it's anyones guess if, and when, or never.....