Canon EOS 1D X MkIII

I've just had a notification that the Canon 1D X MkIII is to be launched soon.

For those interested, the link below takes you to the Canon page:

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-1d-x-mark-iii/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOfX5K-15QIVx7HtCh3X_Aa5EAAYASAAEgJgAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• James G said:
    Sadly its not a new lens or camera I need its a new car :( after spending about a grand on it this year it looks like it needs a new gear box :(

sorry to hear that Jim,  sounds a very expensive fix :(

• I'm sure it will be Hazel, not only that but the heater motor or has packed in to and that's a big job and you need a tool to get it out and at £80 for a one time use is mad so its looks like I am grounded, the car will run at 50mph but any speed after that the front wheel starts to judder and its not the balancing that's been checked and the other wheels have been put on and it does the same :(
  • Love it Hazy, that was superbly worded. Thumbsup

I grew up with nowt, and you learn to appreciate what little you had, whereas today's society is a materialistic throw-away age.

No wonder the environment is under threat.

I grew up during the 60's, our house had an outside loo and we made the best of what we had.

Kids today find it hard to grasp how basic life was then, and that was luxury compared to previous generations.

Digressing, I enjoy watching the tv drama "Call The Midwife", so many things they portray I recall.
  • James G said:
    I'm sure it will be Hazel, not only that but the heater motor or has packed in to and that's a big job and you need a tool to get it out and at £80 for a one time use is mad so its looks like I am grounded, the car will run at 50mph but any speed after that the front wheel starts to judder and its not the balancing that's been checked and the other wheels have been put on and it does the same :(

Jim, I'm sorry to read about the car, it sounds very poorly.

Not knowing what make & model, I can only wildly guess, but the wheel vibration may be down to one of four things.

When driving: Constant Velocity joint worn (usually a knocking noise when turning), worn front shocks or Hub Bearing

When braking only: Warped brake disc.

If there is any failings on the above, they should be picked up on the MoT, or they would have been when I did MoT's,, and I see no reason why that bit should change.

The heater, if you have air con fitted, then that will need degassing first!

I'm away for the next few days, so any replies may be slow coming.

• Thanks Mike, I think all what you have said has been tested out by the MOT centre who said when the fault does show while on the ramp any noise that is heard is comeing from the gear box, I will be taking it down south in a few weeks and someone we know will take it out and change it if necessary while I use someone elses car.

The car does have air con but does not need to be degassed its only the heater fan thats gone down so needs to be replaced I have seen how to do it on the tube, the car is a Volvo S80 2008
  • James G said:
    Thanks Mike, I think all what you have said has been tested out by the MOT centre who said when the fault does show while on the ramp any noise that is heard is comeing from the gear box, I will be taking it down south in a few weeks and someone we know will take it out and change it if necessary while I use someone elses car.

The car does have air con but does not need to be degassed its only the heater fan thats gone down so needs to be replaced I have seen how to do it on the tube, the car is a Volvo S80 2008

Apologies for the delay in replying, I'm not long back from a very enjoyable stay in N Wales.

Hopefully you've managed to get the car sorted one way or another without too much expense.

Some heater units have the heater motor integral, others they can be accessed for replacement/repair. 

• No problem Mike, and Its not fixed yet I am going down south on Friday so Rich, who we know can have a look and if he can fix it without a lot of expense then the better but if its going to cost a lot I will have to look for another car, this could not have happened at a better time because my son is hopefully coming into some money soon and he owes me £3,000 so I will be able to get a smaller car seeing I will be moving down south in the new year when I get sorted out here.
  • James G said:
    No problem Mike, and Its not fixed yet I am going down south on Friday so Rich, who we know can have a look and if he can fix it without a lot of expense then the better but if its going to cost a lot I will have to look for another car, this could not have happened at a better time because my son is hopefully coming into some money soon and he owes me £3,000 so I will be able to get a smaller car seeing I will be moving down south in the new year when I get sorted out here.

It's always a catch 22 with cars, and £3000 is a lot of money.

• James G said:
    I will be moving down south in the new year when I get sorted out here.

I hope your passport is up to date, Jim. We don't just let anyone in you know. LOL  Good luck with the car repairs.

• Still got a few years left on it yet Tony :)