Berney Marshes

I’m asking this question out of curiosity. Has anyone ever visited RSPB reserve Berney Marshes by train, as I know that this RSPB reserve in Norfolk is very remote and you can’t access this reserve by road by bus, car or any other vehicle on any public road and the only other ways to access this remote reserve is either by boat or walking many miles on public footpaths? What are anyone’s experience on visiting Berney Marshes by train and also catching the train back to there home destination and has anyone had any problems in departing from Berney Marshes by train to return to there home destination?

• Never been Ian, so sorry can't help.
  • Lynn L said:
    Never been Ian, so sorry can't help.

All I know it’s very remote and not the easiest bird reserve to visit in England.

• I am unable to edit the above post for some unknown reason but I was looking at Berney Marshes page & got detailed directions for travel by car!
  • WendyBartter said:
    I am unable to edit the above post for some unknown reason but I was looking at Berney Marshes page & got detailed directions for travel by car!

You can’t get near to Berney Marshes by road using public transport or your own transport by car as the nearest road is approx 2 miles away. The only way to get near to Berney Marshes is by the train which only stops to drop you off at the station at Berney Marshes is by asking the guard or train driver before the train departs. Otherwise it’s long walk or by sea or on the near canal of which there are trips during the Spring and Summer period. It’s not the easiest reserve to access on mainland England.