Mining Application at Druridge Bay in Northumberland

Does anyone know what the latest situation is in the application for mining at Druridge Bay. It’s all gone very silent by the mining company and those campaigning to save Druridge Bay from mining. There where at least 2 dates which the Secretary of State was going to announce the decision and those dates where delayed for various reasons. And of course with all the turmoil over a certain situation this mining application seems to have been forgotten. It is now quite a few months since the announcement by the Secretary of State announced a delay as he was going to look at the environmental impact that the mining could cause at Druridge Bay. I’ve googled for any latest news, but again nothing seems to have been updated for months. So does anyone have any idea what the latest situation is at this present moment about this mining application or is the present turmoil in government  and this country delaying any decision on this matter as I can’t find any up-to-date news about this, even by googling.

• Is it this proposal Ian - which seems to have been quashed over a year ago  ?

• It was quashed by the Home Secretary, but the mining company won an appeal against that decision at the beginning of 2019 and the Home Secretary had to reconsider the mining application. The Home Secretary has been changed a number of times since that original decision and the decision by the Home Secretary was going to be announced earlier this year, but was postponed on 2 occasions for various reasons and the Home Secretary delayed the final decision in May as he or she wanted to look at environmental concerns over mining and I presume climate change as well. But I’ve heard nothing about the latest situation since May. It’s all gone very silent and no up-to-date news by the campaigning organisation trying to save Druridge Bay from mining since May. The delay of course could be affected by the turmoil in parliament at this present time and what might happen next. But there’s not even been any updated news or information from the website about the campaigning to save Druridge Bay from mining. It’s just all gone very quiet. If you google Hazel you be able to find out what has happened up-to May of this year, but no more information since then.

• That’s what I was thinking Alan and the way things are looking at present, the final decision could be delayed until 2020.
  • Cheers Ian, can't believe the company won an appeal against the decision as a lot of that coastline is such important habitat for birds/wildlife; not sure what will happen now with the current state of the government - you couldn't even write this ridiculous saga in fiction lol