New DSLR from Canon replacing the 7D MkII and the 80D

There have been rumours around for a while, that the Canon 7D MkII was to be replaced with more spectacular a MkIII version. Then, I'd read the 80D was to be replaced, and possibly combined with the 7D. It seems that announcement has finally come to fruition, in the form of the Canon EOS 90D, which at the current time of writing, they're taking advanced orders for.

For those with EF/EFS lenses, it will use those just as the old 7D and 80D do. I’ll leave you to make up your mind on the 7D/80D replacement with the link below so you can view the spec.

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-90d/

• PimperneBloke said:

Michael B said:
    with you at the helm

Flattery will get you anywhere Mike 

Blush     Thumbsup  

• Michael B said:
    I felt Canon were dragging their heels somewhat on mirrorless, but to be fair, I wasn't in the market for M/L, so I didn't look deeply enough in to it. But it did put me off when they started talking about you'll need this adaptor for this and that adaptor for that....

I still think SLR's will be dead in 20 years, completely replaced by Mirrorless. I know battery life is not quite as good, because of the drain by the live view, and I think they could have left the camera SLR sized with a bigger battery, but from what I hear, the only major disadvantage at the moment is AF response time, which means they aren't quite as good for action, eg bird-in-flight. I think the adapter is just so people don't have to re-new their lens range all in one go (and because the mirrorless lens range is not any where near complete).

• Unknown said:
    I still think SLR's will be dead in 20 years, completely replaced by Mirrorless. 

not sure I'll be toting any camera around in 20 years, assuming I'm still around, unless my zimmer frame comes with motorised 4wd wheels,  a comfy seat, camera clamp and camouflage overhead rain cover - and somewhere to store my sandwiches and bird food -   Might have to be amphibious version if I go to Leighton Moss during winter months !    Jim's handy at DIY looking at his homemade camera trolley so I'll ask him to make me one in advance   lol 

• I am staying put with my 7DMk2 and 5DMk4 can't be upgrading anymore I am not getting any younger :) and I wondered why my ears were burning Hazel, I will look into an amphibious version posibly with a small outboard on it :)