Taking a break from the forum

Dear friends,   it's been a long and bumpy road as several months ago we put our house on the market but finally today and after some rather stressful times we have an exchange of contract so will be having to knuckle down to downsizing from this very large garden and house.     Sadly, I won't have a lot of time to post on the forum but will try to keep up with some posts in-between packing boxes and distributing many of our household items, etc.,       As much as we loved the birdlife in our garden and the area this place left us little time to go on wildlife adventures and as we got older the work has become rather demanding keeping up with everything.     It may surprise you to know that our next move is to a new apartment, however, it is set in 400 acres of parkland and our new home will overlook a water-garden.     There is a common buzzard who passes by and I can hear goldcrests in the conifer trees around as well as the usual suspects like robins, wrens, etc..    so we won't be without birdlife  !!        Our apartment won't be completed until next springtime or so but we are so looking forward to enjoying our retirement more.    We will dearly miss our confiding garden birds and that will be the hardest thing to leave behind.      

So,  keep the home fires burning on here and I will eventually rejoin the clan once we get settled into our temporary rented accommodation  - which we have yet to organise  !!!      Ta ta for now and for those of you who are going up to Silverdale I will see you at the end of next week and following week.      

• Hope it goes well for you both Hazel,I'm sure one or two folk will keep the cogs turning on here until you get sorted. I'm surprised you have not got squatters rights on a hide up at the Moss !!. I do not think we could face a big move nowadays but if we had to I would reinstate child labour and getb the grandsons on the job.
  • Hi Hazel, you must be having such mixed feelings at present. Having to leave your lovely home and garden after all these years. I am sure it will be left in good hands and all the birds and beasties will do just fine. Looking forward to seeing the new place and by the time you post, all the new birds and beasties that have arrived at your new abode!! All the very best to you and Mike, hope you settle into your new home and that we have you back with us in no time. CL.
  • Just to prove I am up before Alan some days, although having said this he's probably already half way round his morning walk by now lol Thanks everyone for your kind wishes which are very much appreciated; it will be a busy time for us during these next few weeks but the break up at Silverdale in a week's time will be just the ticket when we will get to see some of you for a café cuppa and have my ears retuned to Yorkshire and Lancashire twang lol Surprisingly, I won't be bringing any camera gear as I just want to use this time to catch up with friends and walk round only carrying binoculars and a few waxworms !!

We exchange contract on our apartment first thing Monday morning so it will be all guns blazing organising first our rental and then having the pleasure of choosing the internal specification for our new abode - nightmare lol No wonder I'm up with the birds as the brain (what is left of it) refuses to turn off at the moment. Ok, back to clearing a few more cupboards out; the nice thing is that I have managed to drop some items off at our local wildlife hospital which they can use …….. cool boxes for food storage, bath/hand towels for the foxes !!! mind boggles but apparently they love to cosy up on a soft fluffy towel, bless. I'm sure we will have a lot more useful bits and bobs they can use once we clear the shed and the garage, etc. As for the new owners of our house come 3rd week July, the birds will have two cats to contend with (so I believe) so hope they are aged moggies that only want to sleep by the Aga lol The lady does like wildlife and gardening and I will ask if she wants any feeders left. Over and out for now and many thanks dear friends once again.
  • Oh noooooo

There will be new adventures ahead, not just with the parkland by your new apartment, but wherever you're residing in the interim.

I hope the move goes smoothly, I still recall the fun and games when we moved here almost 20 years ago.

So good luck with the move and I look forward to seeing you again on the forum, soon.

• Just came across your post Hazel, I don't have to add anything seeing you have already informed me whats happening, Sadly after I got home from Seahouse the car started to have problems and seeing it wa Saturday it was too lat to book it in so did first thing Monday morning, sadly it can't be worked on till tomorrow morning so Big Jim towed me the the garage this morning and it sound like the clutch slave cylinder which is inside the clutch housing so this has to come of, Bill around £800, and yes that what I said too lol
    If i can't make it up in the Volvo look out for a grey BMW I will be in that :) my next door neighbor said I could use his for the week :) No charge :)
  • Could be a change of cars.

E Class Mercedes

• Hello Hazy, good luck with your move I will post some Cyril's for you from our week in Norfolk

• Many thanks Bob, hope you had a lovely trip to USA; I haven't had chance to catch up properly on forum and peoples posts; we are still in the midst of moving/packing/storing and renting ! not much time for anything else at moment but not sure I'm returning until the spam has gone and we see some moderation/monitoring happening; I didn't recognise this site when I just came back on lol