The young of 2019

This afternoon Mr Blackbird came into the garden with junior blackbird. First he fed him/her, then later on the young one was feeding on it's own. I took some photo's which I will upload

J

• This was the young blackbird  from 6th May

J

• Hi Wren, I love your photograph and I chuckled when you put ‘Mr Blackbird’ because that’s what I call the male blackbird who nests in our hedge. I don’t think there are any little blackbirds fledging yet but I’ve had lots of sparrow fledglings and their parents who seem to be teaching them to use the suet ball feeders I put out in the mornings. I can see that I need to get a camera - my phone camera is not good; you can’t tell species apart when I try to capture a photo.
  • hi Jenny, it's wonderful when the new fledglings start appearing and great to see your young Blackbird; although our birds are all very busy feeding nestlings we have yet to see any fledge yet - so I live in hope it won't be long !!

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• There are plenty of young starling's(not fledged) opposite our house & a pair taking up residence  above our bathroom window, bringing in nesting material.

J

• More youngsters from N.Lancashire

Avocet chick at salt marsh area, Morecambe bay  ............

and one of the many young robins on the main L.Moss reserve ........

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Lovely photo's of the Avocet chick & young robin Hazy

J

• Great photos  - would love to see an Avocet chick ,so cute.Here's a couple of young uns from me 

Gorgeous little fledgling Stonechat 

and a young Dunnock 

and a family of Coot on the boating lake 

Best wishes, Jayne 

• Had quite a few starling's, sparrow & blackbird today. Sadly the starling's who nested since Friday were last seen on Sunday at 1916. No idea as there was no crows around at that time.

J

• Nice additions from everyone

Just to note that there are now 2 different threads titled "the young of 2019". If anyone wants to see the photos in the original, it is in Wildlife, HERE

Nige   Flickr