I’m off to Washington Wetlands tomorrow,

I’m off to Washington Wetlands tomorrow by myself tomorrow as it’s easy to get there by public transport from Gateshead. Washington Wetlands is owned by the Wildfowl Trust of which I’m a member of thar organisation as well, as the RSPB, Avocets are nesting there at present and Common Terns should return in April and after googling apparently Washington Wetlands has the largest Heronry in North East England and you really close up views from the Bird-Hides of the Avocets, Common Terns, the Heronry on the opposite side of what is known as Wader Lake. I’ve also seen from time to time Snipe and also Jack Snipe along with many otber Wildfowl. There’s also a woodland Bird-Feeder, Bird Hide along with a Lagoon Bird Hide. Anyone who hasn’t visited Washington Wetlands and lives locally near Washington Wetlands it’s well worth a visit.

• Enjoy Ian Lots around at the moment including Redpoll and Brambling
  • I see a lot of the regulars around in the bird hides, particularly around Wader Lake at the Wetlands. I don’t know them personally like I do in my local RSPB Group or my friend who I go out Birdwatching a lot with lot privately from the Group. But there’s lots of the men and lady’s who you get to to know who are regular visitors to Washington Wetlands in the hides. So it’s quite nice and the forecast tomorrow is sunny and dry all day tomorrow, but a little colder than most of this week. So conditions should be good.