Sunrises and Sunsets 2019; Share your photos here

The original thread "Autumn Sunrises and Sunsets share your photos here" has generated a nice collection of photos from you, and is still going strong through winter 2018/9.

To save the thread getting too long, it might be wiser to have a fresh thread for this year, and I look forward to seeing your continued contributions.

To start the ball rolling, three from my recent trip to North Wales early this month, a Llandullas Sunset.

• Unknown said:
    lovely updates and photos; I'm trying to catch up after installing Win.10 1903 update yesterday which took me half a day to do - so be warned lol

Uh ohhhhh

Win10 and Updates, two nasty swear words in this household.

A sign of the times I fear....

• Lol Mike, I think this update dates back to May so you may have done it already but it was a nightmare as there were 6 other updates/patches to upload after the big one. After the 1803 update disaster last year I tend to wait a month or two before I update just in case there is a major glitch ! Last years wiped my whole system out and couldn't get to the desktop - needed IT support who took remote over my laptop as it wasn't an easy fix and had affected both public and business who had installed the update as soon as it was released. Microsoft pulled it once they saw the huge glitch but it was too late for folk that had been too efficient updating the second it was released ! At the same time my Aunt sent out SOS for help unlocking her new iPhone that had been blocked after several wrong password attempts lol I didn't need it and had a nightmare of a day working on computer and phone/iTunes from 1.30pm until midnight - no joke !

• Unknown said:
    I'm trying to catch up after installing Win.10 1903 update yesterday which took me half a day to do

If it is running that badly, seriously think about completely wiping your hard drive and re-loading Windows from scratch. It is easier than it sounds when you do it from Settings (just follow the instructions), although it may take a lot of computer time, like all day, but you don't need to be present for most of it. I did my old desktop last year (which was originally WIn7 and suffered when it updated to Win10) and it hasn't had an issue since, not even when installing updates. Yesterdays only took it a matter of minutes.

Obviously, you need to re-load everything else as well, so you might lose programmes if you don't have unlimited/free downloads for them which can be a deal breaker.

• Thanks Nige, I've completely reinstalled twice before from scratch but there is now so much on the laptop itself that it would take me just as long to transfer over to external hard-drive as this is a 2TB laptop ! Planning on upgrading both Mike's and my laptops in N.Year once we move, plus updating our 10 year old car and maybe a visit to Canon store lol To be honest, I don't know why this 1903 update took so long as the laptop is i7 and pretty speedy albeit older; the patches took only minutes but at least all is working ok so far - dare I say !!
  • Unknown said:

Lol Mike, I think this update dates back to May so you may have done it already but it was a nightmare as there were 6 other updates/patches to upload after the big one. After the 1803 update disaster last year I tend to wait a month or two before I update just in case there is a major glitch ! Last years wiped my whole system out and couldn't get to the desktop - needed IT support who took remote over my laptop as it wasn't an easy fix and had affected both public and business who had installed the update as soon as it was released. Microsoft pulled it once they saw the huge glitch but it was too late for folk that had been too efficient updating the second it was released ! At the same time my Aunt sent out SOS for help unlocking her new iPhone that had been blocked after several wrong password attempts lol I didn't need it and had a nightmare of a day working on computer and phone/iTunes from 1.30pm until midnight - no joke !

False hopes I'm sorry to say.

While they will bring out bug fixes in an update, other things are included, which can, and often do, have a knock on effect, so you're scuppered whatever you do.

Damned if you do

Damned if you don't!

• Unknown said:
    Nice colours

Thanks Nige

• Not often I see a sunset, half the year I'm in bed before the sun sets, the other half it's raining! Sunset over Brighton Pier last week

• A couple of urban sunrise photos taken just before I started the drive up to Conwy....