Wildlife other than birds

This is my first ever photograph of deer with my new Bridge Camera... I was quite pleased with it, as a beginner - except that I didn't notice the vegetation on the right hand side slightly obscuring the right hand deer's rump. But I was grateful they both posed so nicely for me, and stayed there long enough for me to get my zoom sorted.

Karen B Suffolk
  • That's a lovely shot Karen you are certainly getting to grips with your new camera.

My Flickr photos

• I get them often Karen, it come with the camera :)

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

well done with your new camera Karen, lovely to see the two deer

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Well done. It's not easy getting a shot of deer that is completely vegetation free, especially when they aren't in a park, so don't worry about that. Besides, it gives you something to aim for in future :)

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Wildlife photography would be so much easier if it wasn't for all those pesky bits of grass/reeds/branches! Deer seem quite mobile at the moment, I've been seeing quite a few moving around Minsmere recently; the cold weather bringing them out in the open to feed I guess

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks, Alan - every time I take it out, I find another button/gadget! The other day I found the flash - it popped up in rather a startling fashion, but really helped when taking pics in a gloomy church.
    Karen B Suffolk
  • In reply to James:

Yes, I am finding that!  Thanks for the sympathy!

James G said:
    I get them often Karen, it come with the camera :)
    Karen B Suffolk
  • In reply to HAZY:

Thanks, Hazel. I am having lots of fun with it - very helpful that you don't have to worry about the cost of processing really dud ones any more!
    Karen B Suffolk
  • In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks, Nigel. I was thrilled to see them galloping along - they were curious about us, and stood there for quite a while, in a nice pose. Which I thought was very generous of them!
    Karen B Suffolk
  • In reply to HAZY:

Thanks, Hazel. I was so pleased to see them, and they seemed very curious about us. It was a delight to be able to take a photo from quite a distance away, but not end up with 2 specks, as before with my phone camera!
    Karen B Suffolk