Injured Pigeon

• In reply to Jack Aldridge:

Have you tried walking up to it and see what happens, I've had a look on helpwildlife and can't see anyone in your area, so if you manage to try and catch it the RSPCA would be your best option.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

There is this place in Southampton www.secondchanceanimalrescue.co.uk/

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

I tried to put a blanket over the pigeon but he just flew off onto the fence, which is just above the chair, he doesn't like to be touched like most wildlife
  • In reply to Alan.:

There is also an Ark by where I live, which is part of the RSPCA in Stubbington

If it can fly Jack you are best leaving it alone and hope for the best, if you happen to frighten it onto the floor it may be in a worse predicament than now.

My Flickr photos

I tried to put a blanket over the pigeon to try and catch it and put it in a warm and safe place...but that seems to not to work,
    So I'll leave him alone for a week or so, and if he still doesn't fly, then I may consider contacting The Stubbington Ark, unless you know a better place for me to contact?
  • In reply to Alan.:

Yeah I think you are right Alan, thank you for your advice,
    If he doesn't fly off within a week, do you know the best place for me to contact for help?
  • In reply to Alan.:

I tried to put a blanket over the pigeon to try and catch it and put it in a warm and safe place...but that seems to not to work,
    So I'll leave him alone for a week or so, and if he still doesn't fly, then I may consider contacting The Stubbington Ark, unless you know a better place for me to contact?

Normally most people like the RSPCA will only come out if you have managed to catch any injured wildlife,hopefully it will stay safe until it recovers.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Yeah, I'll leave it and see what he does,
    Thanks for your support Alan, you have been a massive help!
    Best regards,
    Jack