Injured Pigeon

Hello,

I believe a pigeon has been attacked by a cat and his wing got caught in a tree, he was bleeding.

He has now been freed from the tree and stopped bleeding, he can fly but not flown off yet,

Yesterday evening he was sitting on the back of a bench outside and during the night he sat on a small branch and he is still there.

I'm concerned that he is either injured or shocked,

What do you think is wrong with the pigeon and what should I do?

I'm worried he may be eaten by a cat or bird of prey as he is vulnerable, he will not be allowed to be caught!

Please reply ASAP,

Best regards,

Jack Aldridge

Here are an image of the pigeon  

• I have only just seen this thread. If a pigeon gets 'catted' then it needs antibiotics almost immediately. Cat saliva often contains pasteurella bacteria and that will result in the bird dying within maybe 48 hours. Wood Pigeons are far more highly strung than their feral cousins and often don't survive being captured and contained by humans. Alan referred to www.helpwildlife.co.uk and they have details of local rescue centres who are pigeon friendly. Thank you for giving it a decent burial. You might notice a lone wood pigeon hanging around for a few days. That will be its mate.