Notifications!

A quick question, since a few days I still have 1 notification that flags up on the icon top left, in the orange circle, but I have read everything so there is nothing there?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi CL, The same thing happened to me for a week or so immediately after the switch to this new setup but then it mysteriously stopped.   Sorry, I have no explanation but at least you are not alone!  Let's hope the tech team sees your thread and has some explanation.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Thanks for your reply GB, at least as you say, I am not alone! Just another glich with the new set up,

OK IT folks, over to you?

• Hi CL, this happens to me from time to time but seems to sort itself out. I am however (starting today) not getting any notifications at all despite my notification settings having not changed & being correct. Ian

• I don't seem to get notifications since the new format, so I rely on emails.

I almost feel this revamped forum is falling apart

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I have one still showing but nothing to read. I guess its a sign of the quality of the software

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Ian S:

Hello Ian and Bob, oh well more that me then! 

Mike, that must be a real pain having to go into emails, I would rather have the notifications working and some left showing as not read, than have to go into emails. 

One day, we may have things sorted, I did read that the IT folks were waiting until after the BGW to do more updates, so we will have to wait and see!!.

• In reply to Ian S:

I am however (starting today) not getting any notifications at all despite my notification settings having not changed & being correct

My notifications seem to be working today. Ian

• In reply to Catlady:

Mike, that must be a real pain having to go into emails, I would rather have the notifications working and some left showing as not read, than have to go into emails. 

If the emails and notifications worked in the same way as the old forum did, when it took you exactly where you wanted to go, then no issue.

As it is, I get to the thread and have to search for the reply, often never getting there, so it is a pain, and that's being polite.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Catlady:

One day, we may have things sorted, I did read that the IT folks were waiting until after the BGW to do more updates, so we will have to wait and see!!.

If I recall correctly they said that they wouldn't be able to do anything else because of resources and the BGBW. Hopefully they will do something after that but it doesn't really fill me with hope, they way that they don't appear to be listening any longer. I have a dread that by the end of the BGBW, they will assume that we haven't left after all this time and therefore will probably never leave. Hopefully I am wrong.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Hi, I am not currently getting notifications of posts but am still getting notifications of "likes". This has been a problem for most of today. All my settings are correct. I know of at least one other person who is getting no notifications at all. Is anyone else having the same problem? Ian