I've been having a clearout

As the title suggests, I've been having a clearout of items no longer used, but could be ideal for someone else to utilise.

Most of the stuff I'm clearing out is gear I used back in my hillwalking days, like ice axe and crampons (which incidentally have been snapped up very quickly, along with a few other items) and because it is designed for that lifestyle probably not suitable for most people here.

However, I do have a couple of items that would be suitable, and I was curious whether posting ebay links is acceptable of not?

• It does state in the Terms & conditions that anyone may view the website to use for their own personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.

But what if you had a website and on this website you had a link to your ebay page?

• It's a tricky area, Mike. As James has said the Terms & Conditions for the Community do seem to preclude giving links to external websites - the crucial clause being "Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites".

On the other hand we have often given such links to people who are looking for gear such as cameras, bird feeders etc and no one has complained. 

If you are concerned you could state what the gear is and suggest that if anyone is interested to contact you though the personal messaging service.  

• Thank you for the replay James, I felt it was a bit of a grey area, but due to tiredness with being on the PC at work all day, I wasn't sure if I was misinterpreting things.

With not seeing any items posted for sale, I felt it might not be the done thing, and I have no desire to upset the status quo.

• Thank you TJ for the reply.

I have to agree, it does seem a tricky area, and I'm not about to upset the status quo.

To quote part of my reply to James, "I felt it was a bit of a grey area, but due to tiredness with being on the PC at work all day, I wasn't sure if I was misinterpreting things."

With not seeing any items posted for sale, I felt it might not be the done thing, and I have no desire to upset the status quo.

I think with the links often shared, they're more from an informative perspective, not financial gain, which would make them basically harmless, unlike when you post a link to something for sale, which can be for financial gain.

However, I like the idea of using the DM method, and unless anyone objects, that probably would be the way to go.

If there are any objections, I'll be more than happy to read them, either on this post, or via DM. Any via DM, discretion will prevail and I will respect all comments.