HTR's 2019 Update 20th August

First pic of New Garden Robin (top right) and Mrs HTR. I saw her today for the first time. She didn't waste any time flying down for some mealies. NGR wasn't sure how to react to her and continued singing from various trees and fences. He eventually flew across to see who she was and took a higher branch in order to posture. Mrs HTR was not impressed.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• I have this week off work (annual leave rather than any ailments) and have had a bit more time to keep an eye open for Little HTR. There has been plenty of ditting and quite a bit of twarbling from the direction of the ceanothus. Bath time seems to be the best time to catch him. I have also introduced him to wax worms. His plumage is gradually changing and the red speckles are appearing.

I wonder if he has been in a scrap. The top left side of his head looks a bit odd today.

• A real cutie MC, pleased to hear you are well!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• The last three pics are from today. You can see the 'flat' area compared to the pics from three days before.

• Lovely set of photos Paul and glad to see you're getting views of LHTR in your garden; 

Unknown said:
    The top left side of his head looks a bit odd today.

bet the little "monkey (cheese)" has been scrapping, either that or he's been under a low bridge    lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• Three pics of Little HTR from Thursday and one from today. He's spending most of his time safely tucked away in the holly tree. There has been a lot of loud singing lately. He now comes down to investigate when I'm near the holly tree and I have managed to get his attention with live wax worms. The red breast feathers are coming through nicely.

• Wonderful pics MC ... none from me but did have my first baby Robin visitor this afternoon, all cute & speckled but very feisty in chasing Spadgers off already! Left some wax worms out for him!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Seems little HTR is getting used to you MC. Good to hear some singing, I haven't heard any yet from the Robins here . Had a visit today from a female Sprawk which made Titch duck down and disappear in the shed until the all clear sounded.

Lot to learn

• Some more pics of Little HTR. A few from Monday and a few from today. He now flies across to the plum trees near the kitchen door when I step outside. The singing has become much louder.

• Beautiful MC. He has certainly stamped out his territory with that singing.

Lot to learn

• A few more of Little HTR. Today he hand fed for the first time.

If 0nly that tail had stayed down a fraction longer...