These forums are so Abissmally slow today and it’s taken ages to access the various forum pages.

It’s just so annoying this website, as well as the usual problems been discussed about this new style forum, at times it’s taken ages to change from page to page on this forum website. Sometimes it’s ok, but other times like all day today it’s taken ages to change forum pages. It’s just so infuriating.

Regards,

Ian.

• Perhaps there are many people online, reading the forum posts or attempting to register for the Big Garden Bird Watch?

• I have only just come on Ian, so can't say if it was, but I am still not happy with the new layout :( 

• Ian are you sure it is the Forum that is at fault ? I have been inputting club bird records for 2018 and have found no fault at all

• Agree with that James,I can sort of find my way around the new layout but not very confident with it. I'm glad I am not trying to upload photos like many people

• Amid all the problems with the way the forum works, one thing I can honestly say, it is faster than the old forum, and probably faster than a great many other forums I've been on in the past, and more amiable to use on small mobile devices.

But that is my personal observation and experience.

However, the layout of replies, is far from tidy, especially if you're away for a few days or more!

In the past, a lot of forums I frequented were hillwalking outdoor forums, often run by volunteers very dependant on sponsorship. Because budgets were often limited, the servers they used would reflect what the budget would allow, taking into consideration that the income may not be guaranteed