Doubtful discussions opened recently

• In reply to Noisette:

Yes, same person also discussed Bird food, but both items sound like they've been copied from another site or forum. I didn't report them as wasn't sure, I was waiting to see what will happen, so well done Bob.

Its good to see that there must be a duty mod as that post on Evils of Wildlife Photography has now gone, hopefully along with the poster 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

I've just hit the SPAM on the other mail by the same sender as they didn't delete that. It has a very dodgy looking link on it which I won't experiment with!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• I'm not sure what is going on, but on Saturday morning I flagged 2 obvious Spams. One disappeared & the other an advert for "Lawfirms" stayed on here. On Monday I hit the SPAM again on it & still nothing!  Does this mean that RSPB are happy to have foreign advertisers on their site. They don't seem to be monitoring the content & types of posts, such as the other recent post repeated 6 or 7 times. This sort of thing seems to be happening a lot more now. A shame really.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

It’s one thing not having the time to read every post but I believe there ought to be a duty admin/ moderator to deal with anything gets marked as Spam/Abuse. I too have flagged messages and seen noevidence of any response. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• It must be pretty demoralising working in that team. I empathise. I agree spam that's flagged (and not flagged) ought to be acted on and removed. I ought to be harder to post it in the first place. For both of these issues, I don't blame the frontline staff. I blame those who funded and signed off this 'upgrade' (and previous one a few years back).