Post your Xmas cards here

Please feel free to post your Christmas greetings, photo cards or messages here ............

My best wishes to all Community members and RSPB staff everywhere ..............

• Happy Christmas All!  Sorry no pics. but the thought is there.  Please just try to imagine our lovely male GS Woodpecker being chased from our bird feeder by Mr Fiesty Robin... no peace and goodwill there, but fun to watch!    

• To  me the interaction with groups like the RSPB and the BTO as well as our local groups is a great part of my birding over the years. I have had countless hours pleasure from birding so help put a bit back whether acting as hide guide or watching out for the safe keeping of some of our raptors is a great way to put a bit back. I think we all do a bit just by being out there and maybe encouraging others. Letting non birders look through your scope or showing them your pictures in the hide is a fantastic pr exercise

couldn't agree more Pete and the fact you encourage your grandchildren to take an interest in birds/wildlife and participate in your various groups.    I tend to go round Leighton Moss putting mealworms on childrens (and adults) hands so they can experience the thrill of a robin landing on their hand !    A short time ago it was so rewarding when I watched this little boy's eyes light up in awe as he stood patiently feeding one of the confiding robins -  he will hopefully remember that moment all his life.     Had to order an extra kilo of mealies for next week when we return   lol

@ Dotty, happy christmas to you too and thanks for the kind message - photo inserts are optional only and not obligatory lol  I can picture the robin and the woodpecker from your brilliant description !

• What wonderful Xmas cards from all the Forumites, I had a visit today from Titch so will add him here wishing you all a Merry Yuletide and perfect 2019

Best Wishes

Gaynor

• Great to see Titch,   lovely photos of him Gaynor; have a wonderful Christmas/New Year

• Some great cards.   Merry Christmas Slight smile

• Things like that give us hope for the future of birding and conservation Hazel,I will always remember the look on the 5yr old grandson's face when he was given the honour of releasing a newly ringed Blue Tit.

• Brilliant contributions & I hope the forum returns to it's old self soon. In the meantime here is a little lady who was so close to the window this photo is uncropped.

• Beautiful card;    what a little beauty Hazel,  amazing she was so close for a photo opportunity - wonderful !   

Joyeux Noel et Nouvel an     !!

• Merci beaucoup Hazy, à bientôt, Noisette!