An apology

Hello all, I feel the need to make an apology, I've enjoyed viewing so many posts, photos and building up a rapport with a great many of you.

I know I’m not alone in experiencing difficulty with the revised RSPB Community Forum, and I also appreciate many of the tips shared.

I’m more than sure that the software writers had the very best of intentions, I’m all for justifiable change, and often do welcome change with open arms. However, when I think I've grasped what happens when and where, all of a sudden it seems to throw everything out and I’m lost, not managing to get where I want to be.

I understand that the creators are looking at improving things, I only hope they do soon, because I know I'm missing posts, and even more confusing, Notifications; will state a number to read, pick any number you like (the outcome is always the same), and when I click on the Notifications, it says ZERO or All Read!

I sincerely hope this mess is sorted soon, I know I'm missing some good posts and photos, and I'm seeing comments stating similar experiences from others.

Please, for all our sakes, sort it.

Thank you

• Ok, I'm on the verge of giving up!

Some of the posts I've replied to in the past, I now get the message: “You do not have the 'create reply' permission for 'Post/thread name'' that is required to complete this action.”

What is going on?

• It may be you have to join/rejoin the group? It messed up one of my options yesterday & then did it properly later on. It could be be intermittant faults.

• & its just shoved my reply in above yours, how silly is that!!

• As far as I'm aware, they are not groups, just normal long running threads posted, if they are, there is nothing to state that is the case, which is the case with known groups.

To add confusion to the chaos, if I didn't check the activity in my profile, I would not have seen this, or a few other replies, because they are not appearing in Notifications.

• Strange Mike, I am not getting anything like this comming up.

• Wow, just tested this its a crop, and its not even saved yet I just pasted in here :) anyways when i come on Mike I just click on the RSPB icon on the top left it then shows all the threads and post.

• Hi Mike, I as have said before use my ipad all the time. I get a red circle with say 12 notifications in it, when I click the dot it gives me all the replys in a particular thread, not numbered. Say three folk have replied to a post, once I have read that post and go back to the red dot it then shows 9 and so on until it is empty. I think the browsers that folk are using are showing different things and allowing options in some and not in another. When using safari for everything, once the upgrade was done, I did not have a format, insert etc for adding photos, or could not pick up a quote, on switching to use the puffin browser I can now do all that!! The only thing I still do not like is the way the posts are set out, I would like it to revert to the way we had them before, taht way you can go straight to the last post you were in at whatever time it was and read on to the end of the thread. Fingers crossed there will be some more changes once the powers that be see out our comments. Stick in there Mike.

Edit- Leaving my above mistakes (taht, out) that is something I no longer have is an auto spell check when typing, Grrrrr!!

• I think you have a very valid point about different browsers showing different formats to coin a phrase.

I had a look earlier today at work, using Google Chrome and the layout is different to using Internet Explorer, but no easier to follow.

I've given up on Microsoft Edge, that is a total mess in every way possible....