Hang in there forumates

It's not easy getting used to this new layout but hang in there friends,     it would be terrible if we lost contact through this community that has been built up over the years.     

I'm not one to give up without a fight and hope somebody at HQ is reading and taking serious note of the issues we are experiencing and can update us on what can be adjusted within the layout of this new platform.      If its nothing, ok,   but please, please tell us so at least we are aware of it and can stop wasting our time and yours.      Don't go silent on us as this Community is very important to us and I would have thought,  also to the RSPB too.      

• Sadly if it’s like the last upgrade no one took any notice of our views and very few replies and I can see the same thing happening again, with some members of these forums leaving, just like the last upgrade before this present one. I could say a lot more how I feel, but I won’t as I feel very strongly about this and very negative.

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi Hazel, well said, I think you speak for us all. Hopefully we will all hang in there. I have to admit since first logging on last night, I have found out how to do things, albeit slowly. Fingers crossed the IT folks will read and act on our feedback.

• Yes, it takes time to try find how things work in their time consuming and awkward fashion and we've all had a say in what we feel and way the new upgrade isn't working for us - my greatest fear based on the last upgrade is that we are permanently stuck with it which leaves us only two options.    I would hate this Community to break up and lose more members but if that happens I will be voting with my generous Legacy promise - it will still be going to birds/wildlife but perhaps not my current choice of RSPB   

• I'm giving it my shot Hazy & have found a few things I can do, but I won't be putting on any more photos until the limit is upped. I shrunk it nearly down to their size & it loaded, but it's so small it wasn't worth the effort. Or am I misunderstanding the 320 x240 size (somewhere around 100kb). It's all so disappointing!

• yes, does seem a ridiculous maximum size that's why I'm slide-showing if I have numerous pics so it bypasses the click on each thumbnail pic to view full screen.    What an aggravating nuisance this all is for people;    the only thing that made me smile was five minutes ago when two Redwings (the first I've seen this season)  landed on our waterfall area  !!   record pics may follow if I can bolster myself to upload  !!

• Not sure if I have understood you correctly but the pixel count of your photo is not really relevant. It can be 6000x4000 if you want. However, it needs to be saved at a quality that means file size is 1024kB or less. This is still less than before but probably adequate for most HD computer screens which max out at just over 2MB at full screen anyway.

I believe the 320x240 default size relates to how much space it takes up on screen after the upload (not the original photo). You can change this to whatever you want but only if you upload photos one at time. I think I told it to display at 500xblank on my otter shots, which filled most of the available writing space.

• Thanks all for your help, I saw on the table for "insert photo" the 320 x 240 before I transferred the photo & thought it was the new maximum size. To be honest most of my piccies are less than 1Mb so hopefully it will be OK for me, but a bit of a pain having to alter the box all the time.

• Noisette, where do you see the box with the table and the size please. When I had a trial, I hit the third box along, went into my pictures, picked one and it appeared, then posted. I could see nowhere to re size it?

• I click on "insert" then "insert image/video/file" & the table comes up. I change the top line from Web URL to File upload. The 2nd line down is the Browse for selecting the photo from your computers file & the 3rd line down has the boxes with 320 x 240 in. Apparantly if you change the first to 1000 & the leave the 2nd blank, it will work! So here goes

OK so what I had to do was change the first box to 550 & the photo filled the little screen. A matter of trial & error I think.

Good luck

• Thanks Hazel, what am I doing wrong? I am hitting reply, then the third icon along, the little TV, then going into my pictures and picking one, then post!