Oh My.!!

Just signed in for 1st time since new upgrade. All very confusing.!! This will take a bit of getting used to. Is there any way to know who's online at any given time? Also had over 80 notifications so have unticked almost everything 'till I can work out whats happening.!! Will try posting a photo to see what happens.

Is there anybody out there? :-)

• I'm losing the will to post up any photos,  tried three times to bring in a few pics via the default  setting but think my originals must have been just over the 1.2mb so it refused to post.    I may give it a miss for a while and just enjoy other's posts and photos once I can find them.   Gaw'd what a mess this site is.    It's taking me far to long to find posts and put pics up.   Slide show is still the easiest way for me but I'm so tired after spending time trying to trial out the new set up and try get used to it, I've fallen out with it   lol        Cup of tea required and some lavender oil  !!

• Somewhat grudgingly I'm coming to the conclusion that posting photos is not quite as bad as made out. OK it's not true multi upload but the drag and drop method one at a time is quite quick compared with using the media uploader. The thumbnails are quite small but they can be opened full size by clicking on them and you can often zoom in on them even more. As Paul has demonstrated it does give the option of inserting captions between the photos.

I used to restrict the size of my photos to 1.5Mb on the old forum so I would like to see the new limit of 1.024Mb raised to at least 2Mb

• I generally look at and post on only a few forums (All Creatures, ID this, The Tea Rooms, Photography etc.) so I've found the easiest way is to search the forums from the home page.

Searching from here seems to show the last 20 threads within the relative forum, which I’m finding makes it all a bit easier to navigate.

If I get a bit lost I just go back to the home page then start again from the forums tabs.

• Cracking shots, Tony.

If they were to increse the maximum image size to 2MB and set the default so as the images came out at the same width as the thread it may not be as bad as first thought.

• I agree with you Paul, it is good to go into the posts via the forums on the right hand side, you can see a lot more posts.

• Triumph against adversity I'd call it, well done Paul & Bob, who needs instruction manuels when we have you both to guide us! LOL

P.S. How do you drag & drop? Sounds like me with a wheelbarrow full of bricks! LOL

• How do you drag & drop?

1. Open up the reply box and begin to type your text in, (Then hit 'enter')

2. Open up your photo folder and resize it so you can have it open above the Community page.(images must be below 1MB per image for the time being; pending them upping the size limit if they do it)

Drag and drop the image you want to insert.

Hit 'enter' once it appears in the reply box. If you want to add more text feel free to do so.

Hit 'enter' again and drag 'n' drop your next image in...and so on.

I've added the screen shots here individually so I could resize them (not the way Bob done it) just to make it easier to see the images without having to open them.

• It should come out like this.

Demo

Type in text...

And so on....

• Just about got in, this new site will take some time with all of us How do you post phito's please? thanks

• What are the acheivements we are meant to have please?