Changes to Flickr

Just in case any of you that are on Flickr miss the news they are changing things.

If you have over 1000 photos on Flickr you will need to go Pro (pay for it) or they are going to start deleting your older photos.

I've just upgraded because I use it for storage, works out at just under £40 for the year.

My Flickr photos

• Thanks for the info Alan,  I guessed when it was taken over by SmugMug that it wouldn't be long before they started introducing charges;  doesn't take long to get 1000 photos on there so I may just go through and delete the early pics I took.   I don't need storage as I have 3 external wireless hard drives which have 18TB in total although I "mirror them" so if one side of the drive fails I don't lose any of my data;  in reality I have 9TB usable.      Thanks again Alan.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to HAZY:

I think I already pay for pro from back in the day when I wanted to upload vids that were larger than norm but will have to check!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

They are upping the video limit to ten minutes Wendy, I'll check if you are paying.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Yep you are.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

It will be around £27 for the discounted 1st year so I may opt for that for the time being;  would take too long to whittle down my 4,000+ photos to below a 1,000 and will provide a years grace to decide whether to stay with Flickr.

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

I'm a PRO user already so it won't affect me. Where did you find all this information? I've not received any notification about the changes.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

It's appeared on my activity feed TJ www.flickr.com/lookingahead

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Many thanks D, the increased time for vids is good news for me, may even get around to sharing some stuff ... plus it's another useful platform to tide us over the forthcoming upgrade to CF!

TJ, I did have an email some quite long time ago advising of the change of ownership but likely can't lay my hands on it now!  

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Alan.:

I don't think I've got an activity feed or at least nothing has popped up. Perhaps they thought there was no need to inform me as I'm already a PRO user. Thanks anyway.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to Alan.:

Seems the change comes into force on January 8th 2019

@ Tony,  I'm not Pro Member and I didn't know about these changes as no notification was sent as far as I know,  certainly nothing came via Flickr. mail.

Regards, Hazel