Could anyone on these forums give up using social media right through September?

Could anyone on these forums give up using social media, right through September, and not be able to post or read any of the RSPB Community Forums during this period? I know I couldn’t give up. According to the Sky News website thousands are planning to do that.

• New one on me Ian ... don't think I'll be joining them!

• I'd like to take away all mobiles for a month  LOL    I know I can live without mine but not sure the youngsters could lose theirs for even a day !    I'm not on Facebook or Instagram, etc,  and although I have a Twitter account I rarely use it.    I could easily stop using any form of social media (including this) for a month - even if this site is semi addictive   !!       I've done it in the past during summer so no worries for me if it benefited something other than me !

But...... if you took my computer away for a month then I'd be sulking big time    lol 

• Ditto Hazy, I wouldn't miss the mobile phone at all, but I do enjoy reading and looking at the photos on here.   Could last a month without I suppose, but catching up would be quite a task:-)

• To be honest I think I am too nosy and frightened of missing something trivial,I may be 75 in a  couple of weeks but I'm probably as bad as our 30 odd yr old daughter and family.

• Unknown said:

Could anyone on these forums give up using social media, right through September, and not be able to post or read any of the RSPB Community Forums during this period? I know I couldn’t give up. According to the Sky News website thousands are planning to do that.

I have given up Social Media, apart from this forum and Flickr. I'll never give up Flickr, too many good photos posted.

FB has never been a choice of mine, so I'm not on there, same with Instagram. I don't use What'sApp. SnapChat or any other social app, I much prefer to use plain texting, the message gets to where I want it to.

I was on Twitter, but after the way they messed things up, by keep telling who was tweeting what, and other annoying gimmicks that overtook what I actually wanted to read, I've not been back since February.

As for news updates, I just check the news webpages locally and nationally for my info, it's less hassle and more in tune with what I want.

• There is no way I can stop checking social media until the gorgeous Monty has left Dyfi for the year.  I only have to leave the house to escape the internet as I don't carry a mobile phone - as both husband and daughter are addicted to theirs someone in this house needs their head screwed on!!

• Thats a BIG no from me I have a mobile and that is used for all my internet now I cancelled my home internet and land line saving over £20 month, and I have group on Facebook and I am in the Bennett Clan on Whatsapp I also have two more for sharing movies or pictures.