Why all the sentiment on all the Osprey threads, compared to all the other birds and wildlife on these forums.

I don’t want to sound harsh and controversial on these forums, but why is it that there is some strange attachment and sentiment to certain Ospreys by members on the threads in the Loch Garten forums page compared to other birds and wildlife by members in other parts of these forums. It seems quite strange and curious why this happens. And the Osprey threads take over the whole forum so you can easily lose track of other interesting threads. I’m not saying I don’t read the Loch Garten Osprey threads, of which I do from time to time. But there seems quite a strange sentiment attached to certain Ospreys and I do occasionly watch the Loch Garten Osprey nest webcam from time to time. But not enough to get so attached to them like certain members.

Parents
  • Thomo, I am up at the very top of Scotland, in Caithness, very far away from all the reserves in England, so it is not possible to visit these, either at all or even on an odd visit. We have Dunnet Head, 20 miles in one direction, which has all the various sea birds and puffins and 20 miles in the other direction we have The Forsinard Flows which has a different variety of smaller birds. In caithness & Sutherland, Golden Eagles and Osprey's are know to nest, but these nests are not common knowledge so not accessible to view. I took an interest in feeding the garden birds years ago and only several years ago came upon the Loch Garten thread. Until then I had never followed, read about or shown an interest in or even seen any Osprey's. I began to learn about the resident pair, what they did, where they fished, their young and everything else about them, until they left for another year, my interest grew and I became hooked on them, and could not wait until their return the following year. We are 3 hours from Loch Garten and last year took a holiday there, it was an amazing experience to be able to see them, in the feather, so to speak. So that is why I have the attachment and sentiment to these beautiful birds, the way that I do.

• Where is my back up buddies? Is no one else going to give an answer?

• Well I will give an answer. It sees that the phycology of the sentiment towards EJ is so very very curious.

Reply Children