someone after a room upgrade

Lucky for this youngster, it was school holidays and a teenager was roaming around early this morning (we're talking in terms of teenager early).

I think nest 3 is missing a youngster. They are due to fledge about now, so makes sense. The cup appears to have only one or two occupants now. 3 fledged nests, two currently feeding and one incubating/feeding is more than seemed possible a few months ago.

• lol Rob,  it's not called a House Martin for nothing ! great pics.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Great photos.  We have a teenager like yours.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• In reply to Limpy:

Did it come by car :)

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Good pics, seems the house martins have been luckier this year.   Maybe trying out your rooms for next year:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Bobs_Still_Retired said:

Did it come by car :)

That's the downside to teenagers. Always highlighting parental failings! I've finally got that car up in the roof with the rest of Polly Pocket collection! It escaped the mass roof filling exercise 5 years ago and has been on that windowsill ever since. Very slack. Ditto that old base drum pedal.

• In reply to Robbo:

Thanks re comments. Had another young bird stuck a couple of days ago. Wren this time. It couldn't find its way out of a totally open carport! Phone photos were a bit too dark to share, but the teenager did a good job with that rescue too.

• In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    Had another young bird stuck a couple of days ago. Wren this time. It couldn't find its way out of a totally open carport!

lol, you should have left a trail of live mealworms so it could follow the exit sign  !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

We definitely need some sort of solution to the baby bird invasion as teenager only has another almost four weeks off.....FOUR WEEKS!!!  

• In reply to Robbo:

Calm down, calm down Mr Mannering!!!!   You will miss him when he's gone!!!!!

Lot to learn

• In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:

We definitely need some sort of solution to the baby bird invasion as teenager only has another almost four weeks off.....FOUR WEEKS!!!  

Your teenager sounds like a teenager to be proud of.  S/he is certainly getting up close and personal with these beautiful little birds!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.