Uploading problems: Windows 10 Edge Browser

The technical problem thread appears to have been locked down a while ago so couldn't post this question there;    I was wondering if anyone else who uses windows 10 Edge Browser was experiencing problems with uploads which is not working (in my case) for uploading photos for example,  as everything freezes once the upload box appears and I can't even shut the webpage down, having to start Task Manager to close down the browser and to close the webpage.      It happened once again after the latest Win10  update yesterday but I find that other browsers like Firefox work well so it's not rspb website  !     I ran through using Command Prompt ( Powershell ) to check for faults and repair but it still doesn't work.      Only interested if anyone is using Edge browser to upload and it is working for them.    

Many thanks in advance.    

• Unknown said:

The technical problem thread appears to have been locked down a while ago so couldn't post this question there;    I was wondering if anyone else who uses windows 10 Edge Browser was experiencing problems with uploads which is not working (in my case) for uploading photos for example,  as everything freezes once the upload box appears and I can't even shut the webpage down, having to start Task Manager to close down the browser and to close the webpage.      It happened once again after the latest Win10  update yesterday but I find that other browsers like Firefox work well so it's not rspb website  !     I ran through using Command Prompt ( Powershell ) to check for faults and repair but it still doesn't work.      Only interested if anyone is using Edge browser to upload and it is working for them.    

Many thanks in advance.    

I've had, and still have, numerous problems with Microsoft Edge, and this forum isn't the only place where I cannot upload photos.

It even struggles to upload and send files when using Gmail, even worse since this latest Gmail update, but then even Chrome (Googles own browser) and IE struggle with the latest Gmail update...

So I've given up with Edge, and stuck with IE. Plus, I much prefer the format and layout of IE to Edge, for me it's more user friendly.

• Exactly the same here too Mike,   I now use Firefox in the main and sick of Win.Edge and the constant glitches in Windows 10 and the updates.    Next computer will probably be a Mac laptop !

• Unknown said:

Exactly the same here too Mike,   I now use Firefox in the main and sick of Win.Edge and the constant glitches in Windows 10 and the updates.    Next computer will probably be a Mac laptop !

I'm sorry to say, I feel that it is the way software is going today.

I've had apple and android devices in the past and was looking at going back to apple. However, I don't like the way the software writers seem to make you take detours when one click would suffice!

"I used to be able to think for myself, now, electronic devices dictate to how I do things!"

• Doh! it is sooo annoying as you say "electronic devices dictate to how I do things!"

What I find annoying, is when it acts intermittent,  Grr!!,and now  I stick with Firefox with the dreaded Windows 10.

Why we all have to suffer these glitches is a nightmare, at the moment and for sometime since a win10 upgrade, I (and others ) have lost sound when viewing one our bird cams, but it can be working normally on earlier windows , even a windows Vista gives me wonderful sound.Windows 10 Grrr!!!!!

• I was chatting to a friend about the Windows 10 update problems & he said i should switch to Apple with a Mac. I'll have to look at the budgets cost of replacing computer vs cost of replacing hair (that I pulled out this morning) not to mention tranquilisers!

• Hazel C said:

I was chatting to a friend about the Windows 10 update problems & he said i should switch to Apple with a Mac. I'll have to look at the budgets cost of replacing computer vs cost of replacing hair (that I pulled out this morning) not to mention tranquilisers!

lol Hazel,     as the saying goes ..... can't live with computers, can't live without 'em    so we're stuck with the problems.      I would have already swapped over to a Mac laptop but some of the software I use will only work on windows,  (Publisher being one program I currently use),  however, I'm willing to compromise if it means no more Win.10   lol    It's a pity that Mac are so expensive and don't do a 17.3" screen which I use on this laptop !       Anymore microsoft glitches that cause my computer to crash or need more than two hours to put right, then I'm off to buy a Mac laptop;    I do have desktop Mac but it's too large to have sitting on the dining table all the time and I don't have a desk   lol    

• Crikey, I'm reading all your posts with an increasing sense of alarm.

I've just bought a new desktop PC which of course will be running Windows 10. This is to replace my aging and creaking PC which runs Windows 7 that I really like.

I haven't yet booted it as I'm still trying to work out how I transfer all my photos etc plus Lightroom and its catalogs.

OMG should have gone to Mac savers except they are so bloomin' expensive.

• LOL Tony !    don't worry, we're giving you the really bad side of Win.10  when things go pear-shaped;  generally it should run ok, it's just got a lot more bells and whistles and supposed to be your "best friend" and make life easier ...............that is if you are 15 years old and into all the latest gizmos  -   I really want Windows 7 PC  which does all the basics without going into meltdown   lol

regarding transfer,  is it possible to upload to external storage like the Cloud from your Win.7  and then grab it from there on to your new machine.       I use a WD wireless hard drive with 3TB  (6TB but mirrored so if one side fails I still have the other copy in tact).    

• Unknown said:
    I'm still trying to work out how I transfer all my photos etc plus Lightroom and its catalogs.

Just had a thought Tony,   maybe you can create a "Home Group" between your Win.7 computer and your new Win.10 and that way you might be able to copy or drag the files in.    I've never tried transfering files this way but have set up Home Group before between Mike's and my computer which shows all the files I want to share from my computer.    Only an idea !

• Thanks Hazel I've never set up a Home Group because I only have the one computer so have had no need. I'll look into it.