Jay, Pheasant, BT

Sunny in the main with blue sky but still bitterly cold outside, hence these are taken through the window - yet again !!     Off to Silverdale for three days tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get you some different photos outside ! 

One of the three Jays we have,  two are daily visitors throughout the day and must now have more peanuts in their cache than I have in the storage boxes !

still didn't manage to perfect the approach shot and went to manual focus just short of the perch but alas, the Jay didn't return ! 

bit of a quarrel with the other Jay although the pair of Jays have been courtship feeding so maybe the other was the interloper Jay

and handsome Percy pheasant was back 

not great shots through the window but it was funny to see how he gets in a bit of a flap   lol     

poor lad is calling for a mate most likely 

One of the dozen or so blue tits 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Lovely Jay shots Hazel I didn't even get one this year in the bad weather we've just had.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Ta Alan,  I've got a spare Jay so I'll send him Sheffield way as he'll love the homemade pastry !    Might even send you a Nuthatch if you send me a spadger lol

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

Very entertaining, Hazel.  Love the Jays, Pheasant and Blue Tit.

Percy's wings just do not seem big enough or long enough to keep a bird of his size airborne.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Thanks Ann,   I agree, those pheasant wings seem quite short for such a large bird but once they are airborne I think they fly quite well and at speed if they need to although I think they prefer their feet on terra firma  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely to see the Jays Hazy, I saw one the other day but it was flying quickly away from me, unlike yours posing for the pics!!  

Lot to learn