HTR's 2018 Fledging Day May 13th

• In reply to HAZY:

Back for more, just before 6pm. The snow is still falling.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

Beautiful pics MC in the snow.   Lovely to see both of the Robins staying around at this time, waxworms seem to be the in food.  

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Tried Titch on dried mealworms - soaked - today, he took them in preference to the pastry!!!

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Very nice Paul, hope I see these two courtship feeding that are calling round to the front garden.

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

HTR has started taking waxies in threes and fours. He flies South East across the playground. I can only assume there is a nest somewhere in that corner.

Here are a few photos of him from earlier this afternoon as he was waiting to be fed.

Lovely pics MC ... I put 10 waxworms in Robin's dish on kitchen  windowsill every morning & frequently see him eat two & take one away several times & always to a clipped conifer hedge in a garden further up the hill, he also takes suet pellets to same location!  Fortunately it isn't clipped too often, thank goodness because the people who live there are not too friendly!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Mrs HTR also made a brief appearance but I was unable to get a pic. I'm sure she will return.

I can't really move around too much, so when HTR returns, the camera is ready. He's so photogenic that I can't help but take more photos.

Tail up...

Tail down...

Tail down...

Tail up...

And down again...

He certainly is a photogenic robin - lovely pics Paul

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

Glorious pics MC ... must tell you of my bonus this morning when I went into garden to retrieve Robin dish which had fallen ... Mr Robin sat watching & stayed when I chatted to him, then his Mrs perched with the both of them not more than four feet away, got Mick to pass me waxworm through window & offered it ... Mr R hopped from place to place getting nearer all the time but then was distracted by Mrs R & he went over to her strutting his stuff ... marvellous to see!  Then watched him taking waxworms to feed to her!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr