HTR's 2018 Fledging Day May 13th

• In reply to HAZY:

Very nice to see Paul.

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

Just found this one on the SD card. It was taken on the 16th and was very late in the evening and through the window, so poor quality. This was the first time I had seen them bathing at the same time. Another 'behaviour box' ticked.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

What a great capture!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Wish they could have done it earlier in the day. It was about 8-45pm and I was using the 400mm lens too. Glad to get a record of the event. Usually he is nearby keeping an eye on things. Maybe they felt safe as it was later in the day?

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Lovely pics MC of the youngster being fed, strange behaviour of HTR and I also think he might have seen the other chicks being attacked or maybe even as Wendy says had a narrow escape himself.    I am still waiting for sight of Titch's brood, today he was on the pastry instead of mealies, so continue to hope for signs.  Unless the first brood has failed and he is courtship feeding again.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

The two remaining HTR fledglings have been tucked away in the holly tree or the raspberry bushes for the past few days. I hear them but seldom see them. I did hear one of them ditting loudly yesterday. This morning, they were both on the far wall in my neighbour's garden. I was watching one of them intently through the lens and was unaware of the second one. It was only when I checked the SD card that I saw I had captured both of them in a couple of pictures. They seem to be together all the time. They still squeak, but I don't think the HTR's are feeding them any more. She is not re-using the old nest as far as I know.

10 days after fledging.

I suppose this should have told me the second one was there.

Look who's there.

Lovely photos Paul and beautiful to see the two fledglings, not seen any here yet but the birds are collecting mealworms like there's no tomorrow !  

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazy. It was nice to see them together even though they fledged 10 days ago. They are making the most of the fact that I have allowed the lower garden to become a jungle. The raspberries have taken over one half of it. Lots of fruit coming through on the raspberries, strawberries and gooseberries. Should be a good harvest.

Lovely pics of the two youngsters MC, is it really 10 days since they fledged, time really does fly.   They look too young to fend for themselves, I wonder if HTR does take them an odd mealie now and again.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Nice to see the youngsters doing well. Still not seen any young Robins up here

Nige   Flickr