HTR's 2018 Fledging Day May 13th

About half an hour ago I was about to put out some more food for the Ferals and I saw HTR II was perched on one of the old branches near the water dishes. I asked him to wait (as you do) and went to get some wax worms. By the time I had returned he had perched himself next to the kitchen door. Before I could properly offer them to him, HTR II was hovering next to my hand looking at the waxies as he did so. He landed next to the door step, so I dropped the wax worms next to him. He ate three and then flew off with the fourth. As he arrived at the flowering currant he was met by Mrs HTR II. He popped the wax worm into her open beak and then they disappeared into the shrubs. I figured that was it and threw a few mealies into the flowering currant for the Spadgers, who had arrived in numbers. I went back indoors and just as I closed the kitchen door, both Robins appeared and went to the Chalet. I ran to get the camera and wiped the window before taking a few pics. As it happened, HTR left the Chalet at one point and returned with something for Mrs HTR II just as I was photographing her. I captured the resulting Courtship Feeding by luck rather than judgement. It is snowing here, albeit lightly. If you are watching the rugby, it's similar to the conditions there. Anyway, here are the few reasonable shots I managed to get of this year's garden Robins.

Waiting for Uber Mealies (other snack delivery firms are available)

HTR II

Hopefully they will provide me with more photo opportunities over the coming weeks and months. These will suffice as record shots at least.

I have decided to make this my thread for this pair for 2018, so I have renamed it.